Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Is this turn bet big enough here?

no real info on villains

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6.5, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, ....

I'm asking this because I got two callers on the flop, and there is a flush draw on the board. Would a bet of 7 or 8 be too much on the turn--in case I get two callers again on the turn, which is quite possible. I don't want one of them to get good enough odds to call with a flush draw. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Is this turn bet big enough here?

It is definitely big enough to give flush draws bad odds. The question is if you got enough value out of flush draws and also AQ type hands that will shut down once a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits the river. It's difficult to say without knowing the table dynamics but if one of them would call more then bet as much as he will call.

As played, I would check behind on the river if a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits that is not filling you up.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 PM

Pot the flop, otherwise fine
Old 03-02-2007, 10:50 PM

As standard against a relative knowns I'd play as is, nh. You want to keep weaker hands in and get action on the turn from overvalued TP hands when a blank hits. I just love these spots as it just looks like a standard cbet you fowled up on shooting into too many opponents. You'll get called down all day by weak Qx hands especialy if he picks up 2 pair. On the turn you've 96% equity over a Qx hand if a second pair is picked up then it's usually going all in.

Obviously if you've got a read on the villan as frequently drawing then pot size bet would be fine.

I do however really think standardization is the key, it gets heaps more action from vaguely knowns.

Dire players are going to continue drawing anyway so I'd much prefer to keep the less noobish noobs in with me for a river. Pot sized bets flop bets generally kill turn action in the same way a c/r does but to a lesser extent.

If a spade falls on the river as tiggerle says just check behind.