Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 PM

Default 200NL - TT on a QQQ flop, board gets increasingly worse.

Villain he is a huge donk, 80/60/1.7. I've played 3 hands with him...stacked him where he raised a 9-5-2 w/K9 OP and checked turn, called a bet and my JJ was good...i 3-bet his button raise w/KQ, he called my flop c-bet on an A-T-x flop and pushed when checked to on the turn....and I doubled up w/KK against his TT, I 3bbet pre, he called flop c-bet with all unders and we got it in on a safe turn when he shoved my turn bet....that is his history with me, otherwise he seems to be playing very aggressive and no one at the table is playing back it him.

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $167.15
Hero (UTG): $350.60
MP: $210
CO: $65
BTN: $103.50
SB: $208.1

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls $5

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($15, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $11</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $32</font>, Hero calls $21

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($79, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($79, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $50</font>, Hero ???

should I have 3-bet the flop? I didn't because I wanted him him fire again on the turn. He didn' tbet the turn (I didn't like the card either) so I checked for pot control. Board gets worse on the river, it wasn't the worst card, but am I ahead enough here on the river to call?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: 200NL - TT on a QQQ flop, board gets increasingly worse.

Guy doesn't even have full buying reraise it to 110 on the flop. Then push any turn. I would fold river unless he is a complete maniac.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guy doesn't even have full buying reraise it to 110 on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the type of player that will raise w/just an A in his hand on the flop but will prob fold when I put his stack to the test. I really want the rest of his stack and I don't think pushing the flop is the best way to get it. Also, I know he doesn't have a full stack, but he started the hand w/167, he still has room to fold
Old 03-01-2007, 11:22 PM

Even so, I still think a flop 3bet is best. Overcards could scare him off of lower pocket pairs or he could hit one vs you. If he just has an ace, is he really going to keep betting on the turn once you call the flop raise?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:26 PM

You are getting called by any pocket pair and possibly stuff like AK-AT. If you slowplay he can force you to make a mistake on many cards that could come.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even so, I still think a flop 3bet is best. Overcards could scare him off of lower pocket pairs or he could hit one vs you. If he just has an ace, is he really going to keep betting on the turn once you call the flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't sure, but it seemed like he was spewing pretty consistently and seemed like the type of player that would follow through with a bluff on the turn.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:31 AM

I'm getting it all in or folding that flop, read dependent. Nothing in between.