Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $24.60
Button: $24.60
SB: $21
Hero: $25.25

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.15</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.3, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero ?

Bet FLOP?

I'll post the rest after I see a few good lines on how to play this hand.

EDIT: I think it was the first time he raised my blind
Old 03-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: 25NL : AJ in reraised pot.

Standard would be to cbet this to something like $5. I fold if raised and also if he calls and bets a non [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn (as well as many [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turns depending on his bet sizing).

I really like 3betting AJ because I find it extremely difficult to play OOP. You have to be certain that villian is capable of folding pre-flop as well as on flops like this, though.

Betting on this board is going to be a bluff against a lot of opponents because they aren't calling with worse hands. I'd frequently check here and plan on calling bets on the next two streets. This is a little transparent if you do it all the time, so I'd occasionally bet the flop and check behind on the turn. You want to keep this pot from inflating much further.

[ QUOTE ]
Standard would be to cbet this to something like $5. I fold if raised and also if he calls and bets a non [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn (as well as many [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turns depending on his bet sizing).

I really like 3betting AJ because I find it extremely difficult to play OOP. You have to certain that villian is capable of folding pre-flop as well as on flops like this, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in position in this hand because UTG and button folded.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 PM

Yes, missed that. I somehow had a button raise in mind as that is the situation where I prefer a 3bet. I would rather flat call pre-flop in position.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting on this board is going to be a bluff against a lot of opponents because they aren't calling with worse hands. I'd frequently check here and plan on calling bets on the next two streets. This is a little transparent if you do it all the time, so I'd occasionally bet the flop and check behind on the turn. You want to keep this pot from inflating much further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.3, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.3, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Good point gumpzilla
I was olso thinking he might bet some hands like small PP ,KQ on the TURN if I take that line

TURN ... I think it sucks a lot so CHECK again ?
BET/FOLD?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:52 PM

meh - just bet the flop, check the turn, check or bet depending on river card
Old 03-01-2007, 06:56 PM

I like the check behind on the turn and hope for a river bluff (which I would likely call unless a third [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes. In that case I might still call but that is entirely "feel"-dependend).
Old 03-01-2007, 07:03 PM

If you check behind on the turn, you need to call any river, the only proviso being that you can consider folding to a push. This is probably what I'd do.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM

I'm pretty sure villain's range includes worst As than yours. I don't mind checking flop, because the pot is already fairly large and your hand isn't great, but i do think you ought to be getting value on the turn and river from a worst A or a K.

Edit: maybe we just play against very different villains:

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $53.3
Hero (BB): $23.9
UTG: $25.85
MP: $25.55
CO: $25.80
BTN: $19.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $24.15</font>, SB calls $17.15

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($48.3, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($48.3, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($48.3, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
SB had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Fours) and won $22.95
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Fours) and won $22.95
Final Pot: $45.90 ($2.40 rake)