Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Default 2.5 buy ins deep, suicide or what?

At work no HH. I've been trying to learn this silly game, very profitably so far, but I think I need n this type of hand:

2.5 buy-ins deep, PL50, SB is decent. I haven't really narrowed my range to anything specific in PLO yet, but I certainly know that I'm sometimes seen as maniacal because the limit is well lower than I'm used to and the players are all passive/horrible, so I play position and fire a ton of PF pots and C-bets many times into multiple callers. I have no problem playing a big pot PF.

1 limper I pot A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], gets called twice, SB repots, limper folds, I re-re-pot. They fold, SB calls after some deliberation.

Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks. I have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so obv. he doesn't have the nuts. I gotta put him on AA or KK that didn't want to tangle for 2.5 buy-ins w/o a flop, if he has a flush, no matter how low, he's probably calling, but the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] has to help me out a little bit, no? And if he flopped a set I guess I got some outs. I don't know, my thinking was pretty crazy while the hand was happening.

I did what I normally do when I don't know what to do, pot it. The pot was a little over a buy in and the bet left us with about 150BB.

Go.

-Jihad
Old 03-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: 2.5 buy ins deep, suicide or what?

Suicide is painless.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM

With a maniacal image on that flop, you will be getting around 0% fold equity. This would be easier to comment on with a hand history and exact stack sizes - he had 2.5 buyins as well? - but you can't like that flop. I like to run the naked ace bluff more on the turn, but I've never seen it work when reraised PF. Typically, people are gonna see it shown down in these cases.

I'm going to get stacked on this flop the way I play, but i'm more MED-aggressive. I'll check behind flop, push a turn (when he bets, he might be bluffing) or fire 80% turn to pick the pot up.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 PM

In this case your having the Ac means more than usual. If he has AA, he is extremely unlikely to have a flush, and if he decides to call you with 2 pr or something, you have outs. In that case pushing is clearly the best play, so it all depends how much of his range is other stuff.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Yes eff. stacks 2.5. My stack more like 5.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 PM

I'd bet it, but you don't have to stick as much in since the pots so deep.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:24 AM

OK I guess people don't think the bet is as bad as I do, but after the bet was in I hated it so much. I don't get called by anything I beat and I doubt I had that much bluff equity.

He folded
Old 03-03-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get called by anything I beat and I doubt I had that much bluff equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the third reason to bet: to protect your hand. The only argument I could think of is that a smaller bet might get the job done here.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:21 AM

Bet.

PS [censored] you