Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 07:43 AM

Default Good spot for resteal?

$20 180 man on stars. Villian has recently moved to the table so no reads. About 45 left. Blinds are 100/200/25 (pot=500 PF).

Is this a good spot for a resteal? Is it too early i.e. are blinds significant enough for CO to be opening a wide enough range? Also, is his stack deep enough that we get him to play pretty well against our restealing range i.e. he will only call with better, fold worse, and call with some hands we flip with?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

CO (t4280)
Button (t3795)
Hero (t6550)
BB (t2395)
UTG (t9726)
UTG+1 (t10903)
MP1 (t2977)
MP2 (t9215)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero ??
Old 03-01-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Good spot for resteal?

Restealing is read dependant.
No reads no resteal, far too dangerous.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:48 PM

I feel like there are no good options for this hand.

Folding seems ridic weak given the raise has come from CO, raising OOP is bad and is the same as an all in, and an allin seems pretty bad too.

I say the all in seems bad as i think the blinds are not big enough to be stealing with absolute rubbish and therefore this raise must represent some kind sort of value raise. I doubt he folds a better hand, calls with AK, AQ, sometimes AJ, and all pairs better than mine. I guess he folds some proportion of the time, but im not sure he does it enough to make the all in +EV.

With the blinds as they are and my stack, it doesnt really need that I take a gamble for a possibly slightly +EV pot, but that leaves me where?

Any help would be welcome.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 PM

shaundeeb would be all in here. i guess i would be too...
Old 03-01-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like there are no good options for this hand.

Folding seems ridic weak given the raise has come from CO, raising OOP is bad and is the same as an all in, and an allin seems pretty bad too.

I say the all in seems bad as i think the blinds are not big enough to be stealing with absolute rubbish and therefore this raise must represent some kind sort of value raise. I doubt he folds a better hand, calls with AK, AQ, sometimes AJ, and all pairs better than mine. I guess he folds some proportion of the time, but im not sure he does it enough to make the all in +EV.

With the blinds as they are and my stack, it doesnt really need that I take a gamble for a possibly slightly +EV pot, but that leaves me where?

Any help would be welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, so call, and play your hand straight forward for set value...
Old 03-01-2007, 01:03 PM

If you want to consider other options, and I do hesitate to suggest this, but it's worth considering, you can go and go here. It's going to need to be a very small raise pre-flop (gasp, maybe even a min-raise but I think I think one click more is perfect) so as not to commit him.

I'd just shove though in a 20/180. I'm sure it's profitable here.