Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 09:39 PM

Default AC gambling, not poker

I've been to borgata and trop to play poker a bunch of times but never was interested in playing the pit games, but I'm going with a bunch of friends for a birthday and we're gona get [censored] up and lose our money.

So how much is the craps & blackjack games minimum bet on a friday night at borgata/harrahs/trop/ or any other place you recommend.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: AC gambling, not poker

From what I've seen usually there'll be a couple 10 minimum, some go up to 15 minimum during peak times. yOu'll find that the minimum tables fill fast and they're more difficult to get a seat on. you can usually find open seats on the 25 min tables.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:03 PM

I've been going the past few weekends, it's tough to find a game under $10. After around 11PM-midnight, I think most of the $10 games switch to $15 minimum.

I'm going back to the Trop Saturday to try this blackjack game I had never seen before my girlfriend cleaned up at it. It's called See Through Blackjack... You see both of the dealer's hole cards instead of one card up, one down. You can hit and stand as normal, doubling is only allowed on 9s, 10s, and 11s.

There are two catches... blackjacks only pay 1 to 1. That's not so bad. If the dealer has a 17, 18, 19, or 20, the dealer automatically hits your hand until you beat the dealer's hand. Also, seemingly, not so bad. Except ties in these cases aren't pushes. So if you get dealt a 20, and the dealer gets a 20, you have to hit and try for an ace. An interesting game to say the least, changes some of the strategy involved.

FWIW this was the only $10 blackjack table I saw at the Trop that night; the others were $15 or $25 min. Showboat, where I usually go, has $10 mins for craps and blackjack until around midnight, when they go to $15.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:05 PM

I normally go to AC one weekend every couple months or so, and don't really spend any time in the pits, but here's what I've seen:

Borgata: $15 blackjack is the minimum I've seen, and even that is tough to find. $40 pai gow

Trop: I've seen $10 craps on a Friday night. I don't remember seeing any $10 BJ tables; there certainly aren't alot if they are there. $25 pai gow
Old 02-28-2007, 10:08 PM

If you want more 10 dollar tables, you've got to play in the morning, and early in the afternoon, or weekdays.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 PM

Depending on how busy the Borgata gets,(weekends and holidays) they do not spread smaller than a minimum bet of $25 for all table games.

Harrahs Showboat you will find some $10 tables, and $5 roulette.

Harrah's marina I have not played at in a long time.

Trop has games simiar to the Showboat.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on how busy the Borgata gets,(weekends and holidays) they do not spread smaller than a minimum bet of $25 for all table games.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is not necessarily true.
ive yet to see at least one $10bj table on the occasions ive tried to locate one, be it friday night, sat night, holidays, whatever.
usually its in the main pit. its hard to describe where it is, but if youre walking from the garage to the bbar, turn left to head toward the buffet, then turn to the right. its usually the table with the short legs.
also, check the asian games area, they usually have 3 or more bj tables, and the traffic isnt quite as heavy.

of course, one could always head to the like the claridge or something foir cheap bj and craps.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:24 PM

I'm mostly concerned with the limits on craps tables. Hoping to find less than $15 at borgata friday night.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 PM

Bretser,

Its hit or miss, more likely miss than hit.

Poster CCX would know better than I would. I have not played at the Borgata in a while.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm mostly concerned with the limits on craps tables. Hoping to find less than $15 at borgata friday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last Saturday at 11 PM, the lowest-limit craps tables at the Borgata were set at $15. There were five or six each at $15 and $25, and one at $100. The $15 tables were completely slammed, but I was fairly easily able to get a spot at a $25 table. Hotel rates are lower on Friday than Saturday, so the table limits may be correspondingly lower.