Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Nut Flush drw with 2 overs

Live $200 RA
Just after RA period. Blinds $100/$200, still far from the money.

UTG calling station limps for $200
UTG+1 tight player raises to $700
I call in BB with AcQc
EP calls

$2,200 pot, Flop: Jh, 7c, 2c

I lead out $1,800, EP calls, MP raises to $5,000

MP has 8,500 after raise. EP has about $7,000 after the call. I have both covered.

My read for MP was AJ, JJ+ since I have seen him pass on semi-bluff opportunities multiple times. I am not concerned about EP but she may call fairly light if I just call.

If I push here, I almost definately lose the EP player and I think I hold no FE over MP. If I just call there is a small chance the EP comes along to price me in for an almost certain push from MP on a blank. If EP folds I am vulnerable to being pushed off a blank turn.

Do I take a cheap card 1 time or race with an extra $8K in overlay.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Nut Flush drw with 2 overs

Is MP, UTG+1? I would have probably checked the flop instead of trying to build it. A tight player from EP raises you need to give him credit for a good hand. Fold to his R/R as played. What are you beating here? If he has AA-JJ, AK your two overs are dead.

I don't think you're seeing a cheap card here, you've got to put another 3200 in this pot to see the turn, and you're probably going to have to put 8500 more in to see the river if the turn blanks. That's 12K more for the flush draw.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you beating here? If he has AA-JJ, AK your two overs are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be talking about preflop right???... because against everything in villians range he has ATLEAST an overcard flush draw vs. anything other then aces... I think you just push here, I'd agree that this probably should have been surrendered preflop if UTG+1 is a tight player, you are at the very bottom of his raising range... but as played you have to shove...
Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are you beating here? If he has AA-JJ, AK your two overs are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be talking about preflop right???... because against everything in villians range he has ATLEAST an overcard flush draw vs. anything other then aces... I think you just push here, I'd agree that this probably should have been surrendered preflop if UTG+1 is a tight player, you are at the very bottom of his raising range... but as played you have to shove...

[/ QUOTE ]

I put UTG+1 range at AJo+, 88+.

The calling station was also an incentive to call since she was almost certainly comming in as well giving me good pot odds and extra implied odds.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:51 PM

Is this a full table, or close to it?, from UTG+1 generally that is not a tight range, if that is his range IMO he is not a tight player

Side Note - It is good that you recognized that the CS in early would be coming along for the party, It doesn't give you the odds to call though against a tight player who more then likely had your hand dominated, however against that range it is a easier call with the CS behind, but you are still OOP against both villians which I do not like...
Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a full table, or close to it?, from UTG+1 generally that is not a tight range, if that is his range IMO he is not a tight player

Side Note - It is good that you recognized that the CS in early would be coming along for the party, It doesn't give you the odds to call though against a tight player who more then likely had your hand dominated, however against that range it is a easier call with the CS behind, but you are still OOP against both villians which I do not like...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I should have said solid player as I have never seen him bluff or make variance raises. The range was consistant for this player based on hands shown and frequency. Yes, it's 10 players.

The reason to call is that when I do match up with calling station with TPTK vs 2nd pair she will pay way too much. Also since the solid player is very predictible without a bluffing/semi-bluffing game and a straight foward betting style, I felt I had an edge on both players.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:27 PM

Ahh, so we finally but it all together [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] the villian is actually a predictable player, against a predictable player with that range and a calling station, I make that call preflop everytime, and raising is bad as you may lose the predicatble player and only have the money in the pot from the calling station... So, with the new information I like your line all the way through, Good Hand TakenItEasy... Also you still need to shove this to finish off the hand...