Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 06:01 PM

Default AA-where do i slow down here?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Don't know much about button as they just sat down, UTG seems loose and aggressive. PF cap seems to indicate AK, AA-QQ, maybe JJ or TT here. UTG could have anything.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.70 BB
Old 02-28-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: AA-where do i slow down here?

I would have capped the flop and turn, at least. If he caps w/ 77, 33, 66 preflop, he is a lunatic, and deserves your money (You will get it back of course) and those are the only hands you are behind. AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] might put that action in on the flop too.

On the river I would have bet and just called his raise, and prayed he didnt spike a third ten.

Expect to split the pot with AA, or frown from the suckout.

But I dont get away from this hand, and I would never put villains on a small set based on preflop action.

that may be bad, but "rebuy!!".

Todd

edit: OH, he could have A4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] which would be horrible. That would suck too.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:06 PM

I'd probably slow down after I cap the turn and button leads the river. If I get check/raised on the river, I just call that.

I don't get the reason for slowing down on the turn only to gas the river. I'd be more inclined to get bets in on the turn vs. the river with UTG hanging around since he could be drawing to the flush or perhaps a 1 card straight with 88 or 99 and they may be smart enough to dump their overpair on the river to all the aggression.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:07 PM

Assuming you lost seems like some one played a hand weird like.

If I'm uncertain enough to call the turn I don't think the river helped me any. So I'm calling. If I'm confident with the turn I don't excpet the river hurt me any (unless he has TT) so I probably 3/bet call too.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have capped the flop and turn, at least. If he caps w/ 77, 33, 66 preflop, he is a lunatic, and deserves your money (You will get it back of course) and those are the only hands you are behind. AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] might put that action in on the flop too.

[/ QUOTE ]
AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is impossible. Hero has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 02-28-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is impossible. Hero has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thats good news, it cuts down on the sane hands he could have played, and leaves only AA and a bunch of lunatic hands.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably slow down after I cap the turn and button leads the river. If I get check/raised on the river, I just call that.

I don't get the reason for slowing down on the turn only to gas the river. I'd be more inclined to get bets in on the turn vs. the river with UTG hanging around since he could be drawing to the flush or perhaps a 1 card straight with 88 or 99 and they may be smart enough to dump their overpair on the river to all the aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hold on. The action looks screwed up. If it went check bet raise call raise raise call call, then disregard the second paragraph.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:16 PM

in retrospect, spewy river. button later led a workshop on how to piss away chips...
Old 02-28-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in retrospect, spewy river. button later led a workshop on how to piss away chips...

[/ QUOTE ]
That's awesome.