Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Soft competition: Stars vs. FTP vs. Absolute?

US Player -- I play on Stars and I'm thinking about switching to a site with rakeback, and have ruled out the following:
-Bodog (already have account)
-Ultimate Bet (don't like interface)
-WSEX (won't accept my credit card / not enough players)

So it looks like either FTP or Absolute. Any recommendations? At the low buyin levels ($10-50), how does the "soft competition" factor at these sites compare with Stars?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Soft competition: Stars vs. FTP vs. Absolute?

I have to say that I have been playing on FT since Party went down. I recently switch to UB for the points promo as was REALLY surprise at the action. I used to play on UB a couple years ago and it was really tight...but now, maybe it's just me, but the place has a bunch of maniacs.

Having said that..if I was chosing between FT and AP for rakeback...it would be a no brainerr...FT all the way.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:57 PM

As I've said before, AP customer service are a bunch of morons (when they eventually do reply to your email). Take that into consideration.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Having said that..if I was chosing between FT and AP for rakeback...it would be a no brainerr...FT all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks... I am definitely leaning towards FT if I can deposit with a credit card (which, according to another post, you can).

Maybe I should give UB another shot -- but seriously, how can people stand the graphics? I guess I haven't looked for a while, but do you still have to mouse over the chips to see the bet amounts displayed?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should give UB another shot -- but seriously, how can people stand the graphics? I guess I haven't looked for a while, but do you still have to mouse over the chips to see the bet amounts displayed?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...you just have to go to options and change the settings.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:09 PM

At the low limits I think they are all pretty much the same. If not, you have some serious leaks in your game.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:46 PM

the low limits are not the same at all. Obviously they should all be beatable if your a decent player, but they are definitley different. Full Tilt is definitley the hardest site. Hands down. AP, UB, and Bodog are the softest IMO
Old 02-28-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the low limits are not the same at all. Obviously they should all be beatable if your a decent player, but they are definitley different. Full Tilt is definitley the hardest site. Hands down. AP, UB, and Bodog are the softest IMO

[/ QUOTE ]Mehhh,why is FT tougher than UB?? What evidence would lead you to make such a statement? The numbers and reality would suggest otherwise.Tilt is the hardest cause thats the site your on??? Silly
Old 02-28-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mehhh,why is FT tougher than UB?? What evidence would lead you to make such a statement? The numbers and reality would suggest otherwise.Tilt is the hardest cause thats the site your on??? Silly

[/ QUOTE ]

Having just moved over to UB after being on FT for a year...I have to say I have found A LOT more action at UB. I am not saying that because I running hot....just seems like there are more maniacs on UB. On UB seems like the only two bets are potsized or all in. Plays alot like Party used to. This didn't used to be the case the last time I was on UB. Just my opinion though....
Old 02-28-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mehhh,why is FT tougher than UB?? What evidence would lead you to make such a statement? The numbers and reality would suggest otherwise.Tilt is the hardest cause thats the site your on??? Silly

[/ QUOTE ]

Having just moved over to UB after being on FT for a year...I have to say I have found A LOT more action at UB. I am not saying that because I running hot....just seems like there are more maniacs on UB. On UB seems like the only two bets are potsized or all in. Plays alot like Party used to. This didn't used to be the case the last time I was on UB. Just my opinion though....

[/ QUOTE ]Fair enough,everyone will have a different first impression for sure.But the reality is that there are just more casual players on Tilt,larger table selection and fewer bonus whoring tags than on UB,by % that is of course.I do not believe this is debatable,although individual experience obviously is so your point is well taken.