BB: $8.8
UTG: $9.95
UTG+1: $14.20
MP1: $2.10
MP2: $12.65
MP3: $2.25
CO: $13.35
Hero (BTN): $26.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.15, 9 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $0.35</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls $0.35, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.85, 2 players)
MP2 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.80</font>, MP2 calls $0.80

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($2.45, 2 players)
MP2 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">River:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($8.45, 2 players)
<font color="red">MP2 bets $8.45, Hero ? </font>

Can i consider a call here? I know it looks dangerous but villain could have a busted flush draw or AJ, or a big pair as well. Am i getting the right odds to call? How would you play it?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Playing top two pair on a drawy board

I've only just started playing cash again recently but one betting pattern that keeps cropping up is the minraise on turn/roughly pot bet on river. Every time I've seen this line its been with a big hand so I'd say fold.

However when actually playing I can never seem to fold two pair type hands in this situation. I guess you got showed a straight or trips here?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:04 PM

Any sort of a read would be helpful.

If villain played this hand with the intention to confuse then he's succeeded as far as I'm concerned. Any hand that has you beat here has been terribly played.

If villain's range is 99+,KQ you have the right price to call. I feel that villains range is far wider than this though which makes this an easy call.

Fold PF as TJo isn't the sort of hand to cold-call with.However it is fine to call with behind several limpers if you have position though.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 PM

PF is meh. You do have position, but JTo isn't really a great hand to cold call. JTs or a lower suited connector is a call. As played, the turn raise usually indicates a big hand. However, villain's big hand may be worse than your big hand. QQ+, AJ, J9, T9 could all play this way. Seems like an awfully fishy way to play a big hand like a set or straight with the flush draw out there, and it could be a combo draw as well. With top two and a blank river, I think I make the river call.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 PM

Readless, I fold this. The betting pattern screams KQ. This isn't worth 85BB.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:52 PM

I played about hundred hands with villain at this point and he plays kind of semi loose/passive with 32/41/3.2 (saw flop/flop-turn/raised pre-flop)