Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Quick question about NL HU profits

In high stakes HU NL, would you say that most of your profit comes from small, medium or large pots? I'm a high stakes limit player and trying to move into the NL game. My general strategy with limit HU is to bluff a lot and win a lot of small pots, I'm just wondering if this is effective in NL.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Quick question about NL HU profits

large pots. all agressive play pf onflop and post is to set up the large pots.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:36 AM

large pots make most of the money imo. Though it depends on who im playing against. Against some players it turns into a trapping game waiting for them to put their whole stack in way behind. Others are nits and I have to steal lots of small pots from them to beat them.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM

You make the most in the large pots where you've set em up pot after pot, sometimes it hrs into the match. But after a while even the nittiest of nits will just plain get sick of ur constant pressure and tilt off with middle pair or worse(or at least the ones on FT lately hah). However you can grind out some decent profits against the super nits by just stealing all the small pots and eventually when they get short stacked they'll just start auto pushing just about anything.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:03 PM

completely depends on your opponents. against the easiest opponents, you will grind them down and never play any large pots (read: small variance given the game you are playing) but eventually have all the cash. against other players, you will constantly be playing huge pots because they tilt easily and/or bluff way too much and your profits will come from knowing the correct relative values of what hand you hold compared to your opponents range. the tough players will switch gears, play some large pots but not too many, and generally make it hard for you to "grind them down." if you start to feel like this is happening, you probably are playing someone who is better than you.

gl,
tc