Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 03:55 AM

Default 2-4 OnGame AK OOP TPTK vs aggressives

pretty good game (most of the table are retards) - table vpip is 38ish (too bad nothing has gone my way in the session [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the small blind

PRE FLOP
fold, loose passive utg1 limps, 3folds, co limps (40 hands 30/20/4), btn limps (lagtard), <font color="red">i raise</font>, bb (first hand) calls (all call)

FLOP:
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I LEAD out, bb raises, co calls, lagtard 3bets, <font color="red">I cap</font>, all call
<font color="blue">note: as soon as i capped i didn't like that action (more from frustration i think) ... i would prefer to see what bb does after the 3bet</font>

TURN: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I LEAD, bb raises, co calls, btn folds, to me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (boo)
<font color="blue">the pot is giving me like 18:1 ... and it's only one back and I'm closing the action so I call ... i was going to fold (but I thought it more likely that i had 3outs to beat two pair ... than 0 outs to beat a set ... plus BB is new and the people have been nutty today)</font>
Old 02-28-2007, 04:08 AM

Default Re: 2-4 OnGame AK OOP TPTK vs aggressives

i think the flop play is fine.

doing anything other than calling the turn would be pretty bad.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:30 AM

I think you should cap it. We could easily stlil be in the lead because its likely the other players have an Ace but they could have Ace Queen, Ace 10 or anything below that. Now that all the people drawing have probably been knocked out it's going to be won by a top pair, top pairs or maybe a set.

We are either ahead or behind but we don't know which yet, so bet it up baby.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:41 AM

grunch:

Pre flop fine

Flop play seems fine. Unkown BB so we can aim to reraise and assume we are ahead so far. CO calls two cold - OK.. stats seem quite aggressive so he has probably hit the board somehow or is on a good draw, Lagtard could be spewing.

I like the cap as i think you are probably ahead here, if you are behind what is BB likely to raise you , the pf raiser with, on the flop, 2 pair or a set maybe so he is maybe on an AJo, A4s, or 44. I dont think he is on AK-AQ, aces or jacks as he would have prob reraised pre flop.

Lag tard could have any Ax, or prob even Jx.

CO could have K-10s/Q10s with a BDFD.

I think the turn call is good given the fact you are likely at least behind to 2 pair here.

I'd then check/call the river but be concious of another diamond, also hitting your king and CO waking up would obviously be the worst.