Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Long vs Short Copy

I know many of you always joke about the standard long copy sales letter. This is a very good read.

http://www.michelfortin.com/long-copy-or-short-copy/
Old 02-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Long vs Short Copy

Pretty good article and I agree with it on many points. Also it's not just applicable to "sales pitches" either. When I was shopping for an e-commerce template last month the default results were 10 per page and I had 20 pages to scroll through - what a nightmare. I changed it to 50 results per page therefore I could see all 200 templates much more quickly with fewer clicks and I could easily visually compare one template to another because more were on the screen at once. This allowed me to make a faster and more informed buying decision.

I also set google and yahoo to show 100 results per page because I hate having limited results and having to page 100 times to get where I want.

Good article.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Long vs Short Copy

Excellent article...

fwiw, you can enhance your user experience on 2+2 substantially by going into user preferences and increasing the number of threads and number of posts viewed per page. (Flat mode is also much better than threaded)

I believe the addition of the scroll mouse played a huge part in making long copy not only acceptable, but preferable.