Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 02:41 AM

Default no-blinds-increased SNGs - better for limit than NL?

Don't these no-blinds-increased HUs just completely lend themselve to limit games more than NL? One of the top things I hate about limit SNGs (but there are so many things to choose from) is that blinds nearly always get pretty high before anyone racks off, so 1 or 2 key hands pretty much decide the entire game, and it's somewhat of a crapshoot as to who gets dealt the hand that wins. You can't grind out a bunch of small pots at 50-100 blinds or whatever unless you are up against an awful player, so it's kind of a matter of cold decks (ie. you flop middle pair no kicker vs. middle pair marginal kicker) by this point.

I think the no-blind-increases SNGs would be great for this, and are sort of wasted on NL games where you're already playing a ton of hands at level 1 and 2 and usually someone is out by level 3 tops. Is it just me?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: no-blinds-increased SNGs - better for limit than NL?

Oh also related: does anyone here play a lot of these games? I'm curious what your thoughts on them are, ie. the competition, avg. game length, etc. I have only played a couple, and the final one was me and a so-so player just slugging it out for 70 minutes before finally he flopped bottom set vs. top 2 pair, and the pain ended. I guess I would like these more if you started with more than 50 BBs for NL, at least give us a deep stack (although I think for limit games, the current structure would be ideal so it would actually end at some point).