Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Anyone bet the flop here with 3rd nut flush and oesd?

Villain went busto on this hand - anyways he was at 35/6 only over 50 hands

Is checking the flop bad? I have 3rd nut flush and an oesd in a five way pot. With 3 of the same suit out there, it's easy an A or K of clubs is out there.

I'm not sure about raising the river, as his donk bet with the board pairing could mean I'm beat, but he checked the flop. As I mentioned villain went busto on the hand, but I did not notice that while playing the hand.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(3.5:1)</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, hero checks.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2.5BB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to hero.

Results:
Final pot: 9.5BB
Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Anyone bet the flop here with 3rd nut flush and oesd?

IMHO, you have to raise the flop. You have a quality hand and cannot give 4 other players free cards. At the very least a bet will slim the field.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:43 AM

Please bet this flop.

-J
Old 02-27-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, you have to raise the flop. You have a quality hand and cannot give 4 other players free cards. At the very least a bet will slim the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop will not get a better flush draw to fold though. If I had the nut flush, then I bet it every day of the week here, but I have the 3rd nut flush on a 3 club board here. Villian turned over A7 of clubs for what it's worth....
Old 02-27-2007, 01:51 AM

I'd bet the flop and I like the turn. Most of the time when villians are stacking off they will bet/raise with very marginal hands and you want a peice of that sweet sweet action when they are doing it. Getting it HU = good.

edit: Oh, I just realised this is a small pot but still lets charge the A and K o [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s 2 bets to see the river.

oh well, this time he flopped the nuts...next time he will have Q2 and you wins.