Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 11:05 PM

Default TPNK OOP vs spaz

Villain probably has nutty stats. 1 hand he min3b an UTG PFR with 22, cbet an ATT flop, checked a 4 turn, then CR'ed a Q river.

Given his min3b range and such, whats our turn line here?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $87.55
Hero: $106.10
CO: $125.55
Button: $96
SB: $216.10
BB: $43.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $7</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($22, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $20</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($62, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $37</font>
Old 02-26-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: TPNK OOP vs spaz

Lame spot. Probably call again given read. Readless I would have folded the flop btw.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:10 PM

This is such a [censored] spot but I think I fold here. based on the previous hand, I kind of expect underpairs to check here. I don't think I can call a bet on a river blank, and I only have 2 outs against a K so I think I fold now instead of the river
Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 PM

Why didn't you bet the flop?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I bet the flop? Let captain wacky bluff, yes?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess ...

Or you could bet the flop, find out more about where you are, possibly take it down right there, and possibly get a bluff raise from Captain Wacky.

Or check it, call his "bluff", have an overcard fall on the turn, not know where you are, and probably fold a winner.

I'm sorry, but when you're a 2p2 nit, you don't make your money by putting yourself in positions where nutbars can easily bet you off your marginal hands.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess ...

Or you could bet the flop, find out more about where you are, possibly take it down right there, and possibly get a bluff raise from Captain Wacky.

Or check it, call his "bluff", have an overcard fall on the turn, not know where you are, and probably fold a winner.

I'm sorry, but when you're a 2p2 nit, you don't make your money by putting yourself in positions where nutbars can easily bet you off your marginal hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not finding out "where im at" by leading flop into an obvious whackjob whose range is massive here. I am letting him fold a lot of marginal hands that would cbet.

And the overcard on the turn is obv results oriented IMO.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not finding out "where im at" by leading flop into an obvious whackjob whose range is massive here. I am letting him fold a lot of marginal hands that would cbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, call him down, have him show you K2o, and kick yourself for not betting the flop like you should have.

Or have the stones to raise the turn.

As I said, when you're a nit you can't afford to eff around. You bet when you're likely ahead, and everything goes more smoothly for you. You try to get fancy and let this bozo "bluff" you and suddenly you've spent 75BBs on TPNK and wonder why he's raking a big pot in.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess ...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, call him down, have him show you K2o, and kick yourself for not betting the flop like you should have.

As I said, when you're a nit you can't afford to eff around. You bet when you're likely ahead, and everything goes more smoothly for you. You try to get fancy and let this bozo "bluff" you and suddenly you've spent 75BBs on TPNK and wonder why he's raking a big pot in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having things go smoothly is not reasoning to bet. Just because c/c flop puts us in a tough turn when an over falls, doesnt mean it maximizes EV.

Are you open shoving AA to avoid a "tough spot" on a KQJ flop?
What about TT on a T56 2 flush flop?

I can also call him down and be shown 34s that would fold to a donk on the flop.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess ...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having things go smoothly is not reasoning to bet. Just because c/c flop puts us in a tough turn when an over falls, doesnt mean it maximizes EV.

Are you open shoving AA to avoid a "tough spot" on a KQJ flop?
What about TT on a T56 2 flush flop?

I can also call him down and be shown 34s that would fold to a donk on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you make your decisions easier and make your opponents actions more reliable, that is +EV. Having things go smoothly IS absolutely +EV because making good decisions is +EV.

You're not going to call him down often enough AND see 34s often enough to make your strategy here a correct one.

Just stop dicking around and play tight and aggressive. Nobody is suggesting you shove. Just stop being an overthinking tool and bet your good hands against a bad player. Pretty simple.