Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 05:40 PM

Default AQos. TPGK. Loose passive wakes up on the turn.

Villain is the typical loose passive donk. Him waking up on the turn had me worried, as I thought he'd hit his 8. This guy has also waited to the river to bet on top pair, too. Out of tempo swimming or does villain have a set?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) nerdking is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">nerdking raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">nerdking bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, nerdking calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, nerdking calls.

Results:
Final pot: 7BB
Old 02-26-2007, 05:52 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Default Re: AQos. TPGK. Loose passive wakes up on the turn.

I raise. Even loose passives check raise when they improve to a set. Guys that like to c/c then donk with TP can do this at anytime, i dont think there is any rhyme or reason to it. He might be thinking, "I have two pair!" or think you could be betting with KK, QQ, JJ, TT, whatever.

Rarely will you run across a guy that is so transparent that they will never c/r when they improve, they'll simply bet. If he's that kind of guy(they are a specific type) then call down.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:18 PM

fine. Im not folding here ever.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise. Even loose passives check raise when they improve to a set. Guys that like to c/c then donk with TP can do this at anytime, i dont think there is any rhyme or reason to it. He might be thinking, "I have two pair!" or think you could be betting with KK, QQ, JJ, TT, whatever.

Rarely will you run across a guy that is so transparent that they will never c/r when they improve, they'll simply bet. If he's that kind of guy(they are a specific type) then call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise here against a passive player, you *MUST* fold to a 3-bet. Therefore, if you take this line, it can only be more profitable if all of the following statements are close to true:

1) Villain will only 3-bet with trips
2) Villain will always 3-bet with trips
3) Villain will never fold any hands that he would have bet for himself on the river.

It feels like you're trying to squeeze a tiny bit of value in a situation where the value may not be there to squeeze.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Nerdking,

completely fine. Let him try to bluff you if he doesn't have it, don't give him extra money if he does.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:39 PM

I agree with you. I usually raise it, because it makes them think about their hand. The best possible thing is they bet nothing and fold, but sometimes they just call sth like AK or even a low 2 pair and u get the free showdown. And if they 3bet, u get out of their way.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:45 PM

Never fold here? That pot is pretty small. Although if he did have the 8 a check-raise seems in order. But never?

Posting blind: fold, it doesn't mean good things for TP when a passive player wakes up on the turn.

Having read your post: one, Villan can't have a set. He can have quads or trips, not a set.

Two, I don't know how much you trust your read but if this guy is really passive and has waited until the river to bet TP in similar situations (he's OOP and HU, etc) then you can fold the turn, you're drawing to 2 outs. If you're at all uncertain in your read, the calldown is fine.

Right. And whenever they have AK, they lose less then had they just called down (because they fold to your raise). And if they hit trips, they gain more because you actually raise them and give them the chance of either 3betting or donking the river again...
Old 02-26-2007, 06:59 PM

Do you really think that a LP could play AK this way? I doubt. About trips you can be right, but the majority of them would 3bet them imo.