UTG (t1395)
UTG+1 (t1755)
MP1 (t1180)
MP2 (t1725)
CO (t933)
Button (t3610)
SB (t1527)
Hero (t1375)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, CO calls t100, Button calls t100, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero checks

Flop: (t350) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks

Turn: (t350) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t300</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t3510 (All-in)</font>, Hero asks 2+2 for help.......
Old 02-26-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: $16 - awkward turn spot w/ 2 pair

Such an ugly spot but I like a fold here.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?? You put villain on a flush?? With only 1000 behind, I'd probably call. Not loving it obv, but still a call I think.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?? You put villain on a flush?? With only 1000 behind, I'd probably call. Not loving it obv, but still a call I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who needs to put him on a flush- a set or aces up is smoking us too. Both of which fit the basic range for a button limp here as does 89/9T/JT/QJ/KQ ss. What concerns me more here is what can he have that we beat? Asx shows up, maybe some PPs w/ a spade, some cheese, but how often and what else?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:26 PM

Save your stack. Fold. I don't think he's doing this with too many hands you beat. I smell trips.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM

I'm amazed by how well you two are able to put an opponent on such a tricky hand like trips. We have a 7 and a 4. So does that mean you're putting him on a set of 5's?

I think a set is very unlikely. Fist of all, we have a 7 and a 4, so a set of 7's or 4's would be quite rare. A set of 5's is more likly, but he also didn't bet the flop against 2 opponents....if he had a set, he likely would.

I think the likely hands for villain are a flush, or an Ax that he slowplayed. IMO, most villains are likely to just call the turn when they have a strong hand like a flush, instead of pushing and likely driving out further action. I think our 2 pair is usually good here....not always, but usually. Reads would help, but OP doesn't seem to have any reads on villain. Barring any reads, I think this is usually a call.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:47 PM

You are basically only beating bluff, a draw or Ax. You are beating A6 but not by much. Asx is another possibility but it's close again.

Would button raise with Ax? A lot of aggressive players would raise here with button's stack to 400 to push out the blinds.

How does button assess your play? You lead out a pot bet into two players on a scary board. His over the top all-in usually represents better than a pair or As or a draw.

I fold. Your stack will still be comparable to several other players.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:49 PM

i would think this is a call, for most of the reasons Sparta said, I dont think it is unfathomable for Button to be doinig this with a weak Ace, or even something like K7 or Q7, or a mid pair, or some weak hand wiht a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , nobody has taken contol of this hand on the flop here, and so he could be reading this bet as a stab at the pot and doesnt put you on much at all. I think you are probably good here. I would call barring a read
Old 02-26-2007, 03:50 PM

I think the only hand you're ahead of here has seventeen outs, and there's a lot more that has you crushed. Seems a pretty easy fold.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nobody has taken contol of this hand on the flop here, and so he could be reading this bet as a stab at the pot and doesnt put you on much at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. He doesn't think you're as strong as 2 pair. He thinks you're just trying to win the pot that nobody showed any interest in.