Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Wondering what you guys think about this (KQ 2/4 (1/2 in pounds))

Crypto "1/2"NL presently 4 handed.

Button (£325 in chips)
SB VILLAIN (£395.50 in chips)
BB HERO (£388.75 in chips)
UTG (£401.25 in chips)

Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Button (weak passive) limps, Villain completes, I raise to 8 pounds, both call.

----- FLOP ----- J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet 20 pounds, Button folds, SB c/r 56 pounds.

SB is a decent TAG running at about 25/15 after about 500 hands (4 hours of play at a few tables). He's a bit too passive PF w/ marginal hands and folds a little too easily to CBs. In the past five minutes, he's done this twice; both times I called and folded the turn to his big turn lead on a blank.

BTW, by his PF play, he will never have AQ here; he would raise that PF pretty much always. Likely PF range is suited connectors (zero to two gaps) and KJo/QJ/QT/JT/J9/T9 type hands.

I didn't want to give up this one very easily, so I figured I'd peal one off and set him in on a blank after he lead the turn. (Any comments on that?)

----- TURN ----- J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB leads 102 pounds, I push for 325...

The J's not the best card, but I decided to go on it anyway. I felt he was far more likely to do this w/ a FD or T9 than he was to do this with one of the one pair J hands (unless it was in spades, obviously). So I still felt the push was good, as there's 200 pounds in the pot and he's got a draw pretty often IMO.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Wondering what you guys think about this (KQ 2/4 (1/2 in pounds))

Bump.