Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 03:07 AM

Default blind battle

villian is a 38/12.5/2.4 after ~170 hands ... not sure if they were datamined or from prev sessions or what but i've only been at table for 35 hands.

Hero has been playin taggy .

Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $55.20
UTG+1: $12.30
CO: $101.30
Button: $94.70
Hero: $56.80
BB: $46.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, BB calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $8.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($25.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $25.5</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $76.5
Old 02-26-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: blind battle

Well, I'm never sure about raising those ragged As oop against a LAG. Of course you are ahead of his random hand, so it's probably good. Still a nasty spot if you hit the A and BB goes to war.

I think you can't really get away from this hand in a blind battle. But you only beat A2 and J3 here. I think the river is a fold. You aren't good here 1/3 of the time. You need a read that he isn't only LAG but that he likes to bet big with mediocre holdings or makes big bluffs. The board is very dry on the flop and on the turn. So after you call on the turn and the runner runner comes in, he won't bet without a better A or the runner runner here so big, imo. I prolly block that river for 12 or 15 and fold to a push because I really like to see a SD here.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:04 AM

played fine.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
played fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 AM

im not sure, but i really think a check raise is a solid turn play here...... and not a big one isn't necessary either..... it tells you where you are, villian is dumping air instantly here, saves you money on the river and also creates a great amount of fold equit as villian may drop an ace that beats yours.....
Old 02-26-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not sure, but i really think a check raise is a solid turn play here...... and not a big one isn't necessary either..... it tells you where you are, villian is dumping air instantly here, saves you money on the river and also creates a great amount of fold equit as villian may drop an ace that beats yours.....

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt anyone is folding trips in a blind battle, and if they dont then c/r turn will turn our semi-monster into a bluff
Old 02-26-2007, 05:34 AM

38/12/~2.5 is capable of stealing if you turn over pot control to him..... just saying if you check raise turn to 20 it saves you money on river as you are almost always behind and folding the river a lot..... it gives you more of a chance to win the pot then check calling...... or lead turn i dont care, but i hate checking the turn if ur not going to check raise b/c then it turns into a check call situation and you lose a lot more money check calling here in the long run.....
Old 02-26-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
38/12/~2.5 is capable of stealing if you turn over pot control to him..... just saying if you check raise turn to 20 it saves you money on river as you are almost always behind and folding the river a lot..... it gives you more of a chance to win the pot then check calling...... or lead turn i dont care, but i hate checking the turn if ur not going to check raise b/c then it turns into a check call situation and you lose a lot more money check calling here in the long run.....

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you win a ton of money c/c here in the long run. his betting range is much wider than Ax+
Old 02-26-2007, 06:35 AM

İou played fine. I think he found trip 3s or air. I would never fold this one. As mentioned above - checkraise the turn or give him the second barrel.