Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Vanguard:Saga of Heros

Anyone playing this? I want to give this a go, but I'm not sure if my machine can handle this. I've heard from friends that it takes a pretty powerful machine to play this with any sort of nice looking graphics. If you are playing, do you play on a FFA server or a PVE one? If anyone has a spare 10 day trial key PM it to me please so I can test and see if I like the game, thanks.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Vanguard:Saga of Heros

I don't plan on playing this. After spending 5 years of my life on Everquest, I decided it would be in my best interest not to pick up another game like this. I did talk to a close friend of mine the other day who's playing it and he says that he really likes it.

Just remember though, if you are of the generation who's first introduction to the genre was WoW, then it might not be a game that you like. It's more in the style of Diablo/Everquest. Leveling is not easy, the characters are not all cartoony. It's not the same game as WoW, and my friend mentioned to me several times of instances where people who are used to the WoW style has commented how much they disliked the game.

On the other hand, also remember that the game is in the early stages of release. For all intensive purpose, you can relate this to a paying beta. There are a lot of bugs that are still getting fixed. Many of the character abilities still do not work right. For instance, my friend is a ranger and his tracking skill isn't working yet.

Anyways, I haven't played it, and if i do, it'll just be something for fun once in a while. So, take it for what it's worth. My suggestion would be to start on a server without PvP first to get used to the feels of a game and then you can start over if you want to. My friends quit EQ1 years ago, and they convinved me to give EQ2 a try a few months ago. I did it for a while, I had fun, but I had never played before and they had me start off as a level 53 defiler on a PVP server. I didn't know how to do anything, nor how to get around in the world, nor how to attack or even what my spells did. This really hurt my development in the game, because I was stuck trying to figure stuff out on my own at level 50, instead of getting introduced to the game at level 1.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For all intensive purpose

[/ QUOTE ]
That one made me laugh, because I used to mess up that saying too. FYI, "for all intents and purposes".
Old 02-25-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For all intensive purpose

[/ QUOTE ]
That one made me laugh, because I used to mess up that saying too. FYI, "for all intents and purposes".

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i used to do the same.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:05 PM

hehe... Whoops