Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 12:16 AM

Default wishlist for upcoming poker books

Hi everyone,

to avoid further hijacking of the "Winning in Tough Hold 'em Games" thread by Mason, let s just write here what we would like to see in upcoming poker books.

here my personal wishlist

- print hearts/diamonds in red, (would love 4 colored deck, but i assume there is not much of a market)
- regular binding for 2+2 books, this "please donīt open me" style is awful if you want to read onehanded. I ruined two books by overbending them (hope that this is good english), so that theyīd be easier to read and had to buy them again.

As the production costs would most likely increase, I wouldn t mind paying extra.

any other suggestions?

Wolf
Old 02-25-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: wishlist for upcoming poker books

Hi Wolf:

Neither of these will happen. We don't do multi-color printing inside our books, and our books, due to the amount of useage they get cannot survive with standard binding.

We have now gone to PUR glue which is a special polyurethane base that is far more flexible and stronger (and much more expensive) than standard hot melt. (It is also very difficult to apply and only a small number of printers/binders have the capability to do it well.) All our recent printings (in the past year) have been done this way and we plan to use it on all future printings.

However, we do strive for books that have a quick snap-back quality to them. This is to minimize damage from handling at the book stores and to minimize returns from "shop-worn" books.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 02-25-2007, 04:28 AM

Hi,

What about the possibility of hardcover editions? This is something I'd be willing to pay more for, especially for books I plan on reading and rereading for years (TOP, HOH). I think the extra cost would be worth it since it would protect my investment.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:56 AM

Hi BozMan82:

We have no plans for hard cover books ever since we can barely keep up with our printing demands now.

best wishes,
Mason
Old 02-25-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As the production costs would most likely increase, I wouldn t mind paying extra.

any other suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolf:

Some posters here have been known to take their 2+2 books down to the local Kinkos and for a few dollars have the binding removed and replaces with a spiral, notebook-style binding. I don't know if this would help your purposes, but it's great for those who like to read while they work out, etc.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:20 AM

Hi Mason,

thanks for your reply - too bad you don t consider multi-color printing in your books, hopefully other publishers will (Pi Yee already does this, which is GREAT)

I love the idea of hardcover special editions, this would solve the "don t open me" problem.

Wolf
Old 02-26-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

any other suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolf:

Some posters here have been known to take their 2+2 books down to the local Kinkos and for a few dollars have the binding removed and replaces with a spiral, notebook-style binding. I don't know if this would help your purposes, but it's great for those who like to read while they work out, etc.

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi 1p0kerboy,

thanks much for this suggestion, itīs an excellent idea, going to look for such a store here! (i am in europe).
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 AM

I still don't understand what the problem is with BisonBison's suggestion of "hollow" or shaded images for the red suits.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't understand what the problem is with BisonBison's suggestion of "hollow" or shaded images for the red suits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Mason, as you don t want to print your books multi-colored, that would be a great solution!!!