Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Question for SitNHit

What's your take on the Kinderhook plates and the Book of Abraham? (Information for people who don't know what I'm talking about)

Also, consider the following quote from Joseph Smith (History of the Church, 1:301-2):

[ QUOTE ]
Verily, thus saith the Lord concerning the wars that will shortly come to pass, beginning at the rebellion of South Carolina, which will eventually terminate in the death and misery of many souls;

And the time will come that war will be poured out upon all nations, beginning at this place.

For behold, the Southern States shall be divided against the Northern States, and the Southern States will call on other nations, even the nation of Great Britain, as it is called, and they shall also call upon other nations, in order to defend themselves against other nations; and then war shall be poured out upon all nations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you feel this is an accurate prophecy of the events of the Civil War?
Old 02-25-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Question for SitNHit

Josephlied.com, LOL....... Love it!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Josephlied.com, LOL....... Love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats about the response we expected to get from you. I thought you knew so much about religion...this should be an EASY one for you.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:19 AM

It's not about things seeming easy, ooo im so impressive. You really have that outlook about these kids of things, albeit, science, math, religion, etc? You say I can solve so and so problem and it's easy for you and your like, there you go, done, 3 seconds, easy, im so smart.

I guess some wisdom is a disguised form of brilliance and some intelligence is a diguised form of stupidity.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:22 AM

Can say wisdom both times and intelligence both times and makes the same sense. I gotta write that down in my book of quotes. I'll give ya a the first one for free hawk, lmao.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:28 AM

please tell everyone why we should take your views on academic subjects such as science and religion seriously. you can't even spell or form grammatically correct sentences. i have to read many of your posts two or three times before i get a general idea of what the [censored] you're trying to say.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not about things seeming easy, ooo im so impressive. You really have that outlook about these kids of things, albeit, science, math, religion, etc? You say I can solve so and so problem and it's easy for you and your like, there you go, done, 3 seconds, easy, im so smart.

I guess some wisdom is a disguised form of brilliance and some intelligence is a diguised form of stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we're up to how many posts in this thread while still dodging the question? Only one person on my ignore list in all of SMP hell, but you are making a strong push to become #2.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Desperately avoid substantive arguments, LOL....... Love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

If it will make it easier for you to answer, I can register the domain name puppiesandrainbowsarenice.com and copy the text onto that.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:38 AM

That whole webpage was pretty interesting. On the last page the author gives a brief history of how he came across his information and how it lead to him leaving the Mormon church (as well as his wife and family later).
Unfortunately I lost a lot of respect for the author on that page. He questions his religion for the first time and finds out is a sham and then decides that Christianity is true. He even hints that he believes Jesus cured him of Parkinson's as some sort of reward for leaving the Mormon church. Guess it will take another 30 years before he puts up Paullied.com
Old 02-25-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we're up to how many posts in this thread while still dodging the question? Only one person on my ignore list in all of SMP hell, but you are making a strong push to become #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's the other? Is it siegfriedandroy or is it Sharkey?