Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 11:08 PM

Default 3/6 TT, decent flop

UB 3/6, 10 handed, first orbit, no reads, no stats

One limper to Hero on Button who raises w/ T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], both blinds call, limper calls, 4 to flop:

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checks around to hero who checks behind.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

First to act bets, one call, one fold to hero who folds.

Should I be betting the flop? Should I be calling the turn?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: 3/6 TT, decent flop

This play might have been too passive.
I would call the bet on the turn. Fold to any bet or open on the river regardless of what comes. If you made your straight or flush you can ram and jam, if not, you fold to a raise. Against only two players you take your lumps if you make the straight or flush and have 2nd best. There is also the small but non-zero probability that your pair is the best hand.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:52 PM

Bet the flop. On second thought. Bet the flop. You have one limper, and the blinds against you, you have a reasonable hand, and some outs from draws, bet the flop, and then reassess after you see what your opponents do.

I would call the turn. I wouldn't overcall on the river, but I would certainly consider calling if I knew that my opponent was capable of betting the naked ace of diamonds or some other draw.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:06 AM

you suck at poker
Old 02-25-2007, 06:02 AM

I don't get it. On the flop you have the best position, an OESD (and since you have two Ts it's less likely you're drawing to chop), a pair that will be best occasionally (20%?), and no indication anybody else has a hand at all. Bet it.

Even if you get checkraised, it's really not that bad for your hand, since it will likely clean up your set outs if you are behind.

It's somewhat interesting though, that since you checked behind on the flop, folding the turn is probably the right play. The pot is small, and you will have difficulty telling which cards are good for you on the river.

You really need to be betting the flop though, methinks.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:47 AM

I would bet that flop for the following reasons:

A. You might have the best hand (although unlikely). Charge people that are on a flush draws etc.
B. You got some decent outs if you are behind.
C. If you miss your draws on the turn, it might buy you a free card to draw out.

Given that the flop was checked around I would call the turn. You are getting 6-1 immediate odds and closing the action. Your 6-out SD might still be good if no-one has a flush yet. If the river is a diamond your T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] might give you the best flush as well.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:05 AM

I'll add something new to this thread...

bet the flop.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:03 AM

I believe you were having fun posting this hand. I believe it was solely for the purpose of seeing what type of serious responses you would get. I do not believe that you actually played the hand this way. It may very well have been made up.

You may have fooled others into believing that you are that terrible at poker, but you didn't fool me.