Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 PM

Default best way to play the \"every-hand over-raiser\" (NLTRN)

These opponents seem pretty common at the $5 HUSNG level.... from the very first hand they are raising 80 or 100 chips (with the occasional all-in, just for [censored] and giggles, Im sure) and doing it every single time.... do you guys like to roll over for a while and wait for a good hand to re-raise (knowing that you are probably folding better hands than what they have a lot of times) or do you like to make a call with anything near "computer hand" value and see a flop? It seems tough to play post-flop against people like this, because if the flop doesn't hit me, I'm completely in the dark as to what kind of hand my opponent may have.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: best way to play the \"every-hand over-raiser\"

Generally I wait for a good hand and reraise or call, depending on how they play a reraise. For example, if they will fold to most reraises and I have a high pocket pair, I might just call and half pot the flop, letting them raise me, if they tend to do that.

If they like to shove your reraises I will reraise them with any high pocket pair and get in with a pretty sizeable advantage. Otherwise I will call with a lot of big drawing type hands, flush, straight or both. These guys seem like a pain in the ass but they are probably best for hourly rate, not so good for your mental health.

Also, as to what your opponent has, do not get into the game of bluffing with him. If you miss the flop and he's betting out, even if you think he has nothing, you don't want to call with overcards or whatever. Pot control until the river is usually a good idea at this level with these maniacs when you're on a draw, instead of playing it harder early on.