Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Why Has Howard Lederer Gotten Fat?

sorry, another one of my random posts...

i'm sure people have posted on this already in the weekly PAD threads, but given that Howard doesn't even PLAY much poker these days (i've read he's been away from circuit and not in cash games anymore, but instead focusing on the business side of poker) and he probably has more money than ever...why has he gotten fatter?

don't poker guys who have all that money have more free time (at least 30 minutes a day is enough)? why can't he exercise to stay in better shape? i heard he had some serious operations in past because of his weight. not dogging him, but wondering in general?

why don't poker players do more with all that time on their hands (they don't work a 9-5 regular hour job) to stay in shape? i mean, what's the point of making like millions if you die at 50 or screw up your body?

-TheMan
Old 02-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Why Has Howard Lederer Gotten Fat?

he likes to eat?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:39 PM

but that's even more amazing. he's a vegan. i didn't know you could get THAT fat from eating non-meat...i guess if he chow down fries and cakes and sodas.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Haha, theman you're threads are killing me. Poor howard, it's really hard to lose a lot of weight and keep it off.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but that's even more amazing. he's a vegan. i didn't know you could get THAT fat from eating non-meat...i guess if he chow down fries and cakes and sodas.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can definitely get fat from eating cakes and sodas (and bread and pasta and other empty calories).
Old 02-23-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he likes to eat?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Why is Doyle Brunson fat? Why is Greg Raymer fat? Why is Tony G fat? Why is anyone fat?

Poker players don't exactly have to be athletes.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Greg Raymer fat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not fat.

I'm just big-boned.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 02-23-2007, 03:42 PM

I feel like I can chime in here.

It's hard to lose weight (and I presume hard to keep it off) for some people. I dunno about howard, but I grew up with not a lot of money and although I didn't live in poverty, now when I have a surplus of money it's definitely nice to be able to go out to eat a lot and now that I'm not going to school or doing anything it's amazing to just be able to lay around the house (insert joke about laying AROUND THE HOUSE here) all day. I think every fat person knows they should exercise and eat better, but that comes down to laziness. Howard definitely doesn't seem like a guy to be lazy, and when I met him in Australia he didn't seem that fat at all to me. He's just a very big guy.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I can chime in here.

It's hard to lose weight (and I presume hard to keep it off) for some people. I dunno about howard, but I grew up with not a lot of money and although I didn't live in poverty, now when I have a surplus of money it's definitely nice to be able to go out to eat a lot and now that I'm not going to school or doing anything it's amazing to just be able to lay around the house (insert joke about laying AROUND THE HOUSE here) all day. I think every fat person knows they should exercise and eat better, but that comes down to laziness. Howard definitely doesn't seem like a guy to be lazy, and when I met him in Australia he didn't seem that fat at all to me. He's just a very big guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree a lot. I mean, losing weight is a problem for a lot of ppl in general, not just Howard. I was just shocked to see him so fat on PAD, given how he doesn't even play poker much anymore and presumably has time/money to do other things. I'd just imagined he'd be in better shape.

But yeah, laziness is definitely an issue. Also, when you're poor (I grew up moderately poor), you eat worse (like cheap meats/fast food/whatever you can get). So I understand and wouldn't dog anyone for that. It was more of a curiousity question.

I just know that if I had a lot of free time and surplus money in the millions or hundreds of thousands, I'd get myself into shape. It's good for the body, mind, and spirit.

-TheMan

(you know, I've heard depression makes people fat...but then again, fat people might be depressed because they're fat...so it could be a cycle too...OK...I'M GOING TO STOP WITH THIS THREAD..I'M ANNOYING MYSELF! I HOPE NO OFFENSE WAS TAKEN THOUGH, BECAUSE I LOVE POKER AND JUST WANTED TO GET SOME CHAT GOING.)
Old 02-23-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he likes to eat?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Why is Doyle Brunson fat? Why is Greg Raymer fat? Why is Tony G fat? Why is anyone fat?

Poker players don't exactly have to be athletes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude! Poker is a SPORT!!! There's no differance between Howard and Kobe. Or Greg Raymer. Or Tiger Woods. Or those NASCAR guys. Or me, I play poker. We're all elite athletes.