Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 11:22 AM

Default no_reply@Moneybookers - phishing email

I've gotten a few emails from moneybookers lately which look like the ordinary "you've got money" emails they send out. They look authentic but the difference is an added line where it says "Use the link below to accept this payment" and there's a link which looks authentic (www.moneybookers.com/<blabla>).

Upon reaching the site you see "account verification" and it looks just like moneybookers. You're supposed to enter your login info and your date of birth, as well as your zip code.

I hadn't received any warning emails from moneybookers, but found it fishy since I received $389.56 from Bet365 where I haven't played at in like 2 years, and also $489.56 from moneybookers_usd@partypoker.com. Partypoker uses paypro for their transactions and you will receive money from a @paypro.com account for moneybookers withdrawals.

Anyhoo, I called the MB support and the lad on the phone told me that they were phishing emails and that most of them had been already closed down.

Just a heads up for you MB users, since I hadn't received any warnings from MB about phishing mails going around. I have probably 10 of them in my spam folder atm.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: no_reply@Moneybookers - phishing email

Good to know. Thank you for the heads up.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:24 PM

I've received about six of these in the last couple of days. It was obvious to me that it was a phishing scam since I don't have and have never had a Moneybookers account. Just put your cursor arrow over the supposed link to the Moneybookers site and it shows you that the actual target is some other site entirely. In my case, usually something hosted on AOL. That's a dead giveaway in this and any other phishing scams and a good way to ID them without actually clicking on the link.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:30 PM

I get many of these a day. Anyone that falls for them, well, you know.