Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 AM

Default Wait until the turn?

Ok, these were two similar situations in my cash game last night. I took my standard line of continuing to just raise, but I think a better line may be to just wait until the turn to get it all in.

Hand #1:
Hero ($60)
Villain ($50) (a pretty tight player)

Pre-flop raise to 1, I call with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 other callers.

Flop.
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet 3, everyone folds to villian, who makes it 7, I make it 15, he makes it 30 total, I push for his final 20...

do you play this this fast, or do should I have just called. And yes, I considered the possibility of set over set, but I am getting stacked 100% of the time if that happens, so I cannot seriously worry about that.

Hand #2:
I pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button, and raise to 1.50 after there is only one limper, who is majorly on tilt and I know he will call the raise.

Hero ($100)
Villian ($25)

Flop:
7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
he checks, I bet 3, he makes it 8, I push...

Too fast again?

I guess my general question is, with relatively non-dangerous boards, should I be slowing myself down? I can never seem to just call when re-raised when I am almost sure I have the best hand, and sometimes let second best hands off the hook... is this a leak?
Old 02-11-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Wait until the turn?

Second hand is not fast enough, I make it 20 then push. Hand 2 I think a push is right. So both hands are good.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:58 AM

20 is more than the pot... thats not excessive?
Old 02-11-2006, 03:59 AM

I raise it to 20, which is a call of the 7 and a raise of 13 more, about the size of the pot.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:10 AM

I think you did fine on both, on the AQ, he could have drawn out with another A or Q, and with the 7 4 4, he could have drawn out on a 7. anyways you picked up some extra cash.