Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Business Analyst Interview

Hey guys,

Wondering anyone have any experience as a business analsyt? I have an phone interview tomorrow and wonder what I should know. The position is with a finance department of a bank. The person that will be interviewing me is the senior manager that deals with spread management(if I didn't hear wrong last night).

My background is computer engineering and I just past the CFA level I exam and I am currently a software engineer so I don't have much relevant experience. Is there anything specific that I should point out to sell myself?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Business Analyst Interview

I am a business analyst for a healthcare company, but I don't know diddly about "spread management." The job title "business analyst" is very ambiguous. It can mean a lot of different things, similar to the job title "project manager." The position you're interviewing for sounds like more of a "risk analyst" or "financial analyst" position.

Business analysts don't necessarily have to have industry experience (although it helps of course). Your strength is your analytic skills. Focus on that. Be able to give examples of problems you've worked on, improvements you've made to established processes, and any experience you have in the finance industry.