Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 05:48 AM

Default Why do ppl self d/c connection when folding?

See a lot of people doing this on Stars, when they fold a big pot, seems like they d/c connection in order to force fold. Is this for a specific reason (stats related?). I'm probably the only person who doesn't know the answer to this, but I'm curious.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Why do ppl self d/c connection when folding?

Well stars has that all-in disconnection protection, as you may be aware of. It is only available on certain tables, as it is something that can be exploited quite easily so many players don't like it. For those who don't know - it is basically supposed to protect a player who disconnects during a hand. It automatically declares the disconnected player all-in and the rest of the hand is dealt out and paid.

Maybe these players you're seeing aren't aware they are on a no all-in protection table? Or perhaps they aren't disconnecting "legitemately," and stars is recognizing it and not granting them all-in protectoin.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See a lot of people doing this on Stars, when they fold a big pot, seems like they d/c connection in order to force fold. Is this for a specific reason (stats related?). I'm probably the only person who doesn't know the answer to this, but I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more times than I wish to count where this has happened to me when I meant to call (or raise) because my f'ing computer lags. One of the risks of multitabling with a crappy computer.

My particular pet peeve is when it happens on the river when I have the option to check. I wish that the default timeout option would be check/fold instead of fold.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 AM

I've always wondered this. Seems like it happens a lot. I hate tables that have disc protect.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:25 AM

I've seen it happen a lot on Tribeca as well. I've always assumed that these players just didn't know that there is no "disconnect protect" on Tribeca.