Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Seacrest VS Cowell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RqisHUcI0M
Old 02-22-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Seacrest VS Cowell

did anyone else find Ryan's comments about "Don't call me sweatheart" homophobic? That whole exchange seemed very strange. Maybe "Sweatheart" is a typical Britishism to a guy, but in America it can be viewed as quite misogynistic or even homophobic. And Ryan's responses were at least as bad if not worse. I dont get it.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 PM

homophobic? wtf if we're that sensitive as a culture we should all kill ourselves.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did anyone else find Ryan's comments about "Don't call me sweatheart" homophobic? That whole exchange seemed very strange. Maybe "Sweatheart" is a typical Britishism to a guy, but in America it can be viewed as quite misogynistic or even homophobic. And Ryan's responses were at least as bad if not worse. I dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, seacrest is GAY. he is like most other gay men. they don't like their friends to call them sweetheart or any other feminine nickname in public, much less in front of 30 million people. cowell no doubt calls him that affectionately in private. it was a slip to do it in public.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we should all kill ourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-22-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umm, seacrest is GAY. he is like most other gay men. they don't like their friends to call them sweetheart or any other feminine nickname in public, much less in front of 30 million people. cowell no doubt calls him that affectionately in private. it was a slip to do it in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's what i wondered about too. wouldn't be good publicity... but is he actually gay?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's what i wondered about too. wouldn't be good publicity... but is he actually gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think Seacrest was gay but I guess he might be. FWIW I think he used to make the show partially unwatchable but now he has grown on me, he is very nice to the contestants when they get the boot and he plays the role better (i.e. he realizes that HE'S not the star, the contestants and judges are, and he defers well). It took a while and they tried to cram him down our throats but of course now that they've stopped he's fine.