Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2007, 12:17 PM

Default How many raises will you go with top boat?

2 Hands for this post. (both from 10/20 borgata)

2 weeks ago I watched my friend 3 bet from the blind with AA against 2 other opponnents. The board at the end of the hand was AQJQX. Players on river are my friend and the original preflop raiser who was in middle Position.

Action on river. My friend bets (Orig raiser was in call mode entire hand) orig raiser now raises, he 3 bets she 4 bets. He only calls! She show QJ and he wins with Aces full. I told him afterwards i would have went at least 5 bets there. His reply was that she raised as well preflop and thought she may have the QQ for quads. How many bets would you have went here before just calling?

Similar hand for me 2 days ago in same game.
I'm in the SB, 1 limper, MP player raises, CO(who is terrible) 3 bets and i decide to cap from the SB with JJ for 2 reasons. To push out the BB who is loose and maybe push out limper and or original raiser as i don't believe CO is strong. My 4 bets does nothing but push out the BB. 5 way to capped flop.

Flop is beautiful, J66. I check and so does everyone else. Turn is a 7, I bet the turn , 2 callers(Limper who cold called 30 more and the CO) 2 others fold.

River is 4.
board is J6674 no flush.
I bet, Orig limper raises CO folds, i make it 3 bets, he reraises me, i raise to make it 5 bets, he makes it 6 bets. Now i don't know this player as he sat down 3 hands prior, i stop to think if he has quad 6's, then remember commenting on my friend 2 weeks prior when he was in the same situation. I decided i would raise one more time so i raised to $140 for a total of 7 bets, once he only said call i knew i had the winner. He turned over 77, he had turned 7's full, this player turned out to be a poor player as i watched him bust out with several bad calls later.

Now to the point of this post, i know this doesn't happen often but how many times would you raise in these situations before you just called fearing the other opponent had quads?