Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 05:30 AM

Default JJ hand, RR\'d pot

I remmeber thinking villian palyed more aggressive than his stats ... which i don't remember exactly. like a 30/15/1 or something ...

1st question - flop is an easy call right? No RR.

2nd question - pusheth the turn or check behind?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $99.45
UTG+1: $46.40
Hero: $60.25
Button: $30
SB: $49.50
BB: $91.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($10, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $16</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($42, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero ??
Old 02-21-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: JJ hand, RR\'d pot

I think my money is going in on the flop with the hearts out there.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:00 AM

These decisions depend on reads. Did he minraise eralier? If so, did he once show down a hand when he minraised? Does he minraise a lot?

Qu1: With a strong read that he likes to minraise with the nuts, I would assume he catched a set and fold. Otherwise, I call like you.

Qu2: I check behind if he minraised earlier with the nuts. If I think he likes to minraise with draws, I'm all-in here.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:36 AM

Hmmm, this is pretty tough.

I think the call on the flop is okay.

I would be extremely suspicious of a set here... however, u could well be ahead. If u had been c-betting frequently prior to this hand perhaps hero is trying to bluff you off, afterall, the board texture suggests u didnt hit the flop hard.
Despite this I would probably check behind due to the chances of him having a set. The check-call PF and the the CR on the flop is typical of a set. If he had of followed up with a turn bet I would def. be folding.

I say check behind and then if he doesn't bet the river, I think your ahead. Bet it for value.

If he does, I would probably call (depending on the bet size and the river card).

Let us know the outcome of the hand.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:53 AM

think he would have bet a set on the turn, think inducing a bluff on the river here is a nice play against aggressive villain. otherwise bet non scary river for value
Old 02-21-2007, 01:19 PM

morning bump for this ... still unsure about flop play and river play. Uh ... obviously a read on his min-c/rin tendencies would help but I haven't been playing with villian that long (probably 40 or so hands).
Old 02-21-2007, 01:41 PM

I wish I could figure out how to play these hands.

I generally call the flop checkraise because I haven't been getting checkraised by draws much (or I don't think I have -- I don't see a lot of that at Stars NL25) and I want to see how much Villain bets on the turn.

But then he doesn't bet. That's a little suspicious, but would we really prefer to face a push? I don't think so, and I guess I like a push. Maybe Villain has a draw after all, or maybe he's not so sure about his QT or A8 anymore.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:28 PM

1) You should be well ahead. He's got overs, an 8, or a Ten most likely (a set or a bigger overpair is gonna be terrified of the hearts). Smooth call and let him hang himself on the turn.

2) Damn, he didn't go for it. Push and hope he makes a bad call.