Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Im blown away by the new ftp commercials

The new commercials seems to push that fact that poker is an activity of skill and that it is comparable to a business such as trading stocks. This really had me as like WOW.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Im blown away by the new ftp commercials

It certainly is comparable to trading stocks on a so-called technical basis rather than a fundamental one, espcially regarding day trading.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:40 AM

agree BluffTHIS, rake is our commission and all factors being equal everyone would be a loser. just like in stocks and commodities some guys just get lucky again and again.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
agree BluffTHIS, rake is our commission and all factors being equal everyone would be a loser. just like in stocks and commodities some guys just get lucky again and again.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just like in stocks, those with an edge are the consistent winners...
Old 02-21-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just like in stocks, those with an edge are the consistent winners...

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, i was def. joking. hell, poker is (or should be..lol) you vs your oppenent. trading has all kinds a ways to get the edge, you can talk to others during trading hours, find out their postions, be in the frickin pit if you shell out enough green. and even then alot of traders don't make it if they trade too much ( in and out)

about time full tilt got off their arse and did something..lol
Old 02-21-2007, 05:48 AM

demon are the new commercials up on the web yet?.. got a link?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:52 PM

Does anyone believes that the "skill" excuses will open the online poker game for US citizens again?
Any game has skills in it, you make a decision in poker based on probabilities...isn't the same thing as playing chess for money, or slot machines? The only difference is that in slot machines the best decision is not to play because we will never have enough odds to do it.

I still think that the best way would be to legalize online gambling, making the companies pay taxes in countries they operate, have their accounts audit by well knows companies and open to the public.
Today we play in some poker sites based on some island, that are not ruled by anyone...and they do what they want.
Why doesn't PPA uses this approach? Maybe because they are not interested in paying the due taxes for the millions of dollars that they founders gain every month without giving a dam to anyone.

I think the keyword should be "legalize and pay the taxes", not the "skill" buzzword.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the keyword should be "legalize and pay the taxes", not the "skill" buzzword.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use both arguments in tandem.

Tuff
Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The new commercials seems to push that fact that poker is an activity of skill and that it is comparable to a business such as trading stocks. This really had me as like WOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and just as when dealing with stock brokerages, customers who hit big and try to cash out quickly may be required to wait interminable amounts of time with no cash, no information, no communication, no rights and no recourse.

Unless, of course, they are credible folks who are smart enough to post on 2+2, and lucky enough that StockBrokerTom (or his quieter and more sedentary partner, StockBrokerGeorge) happens to wake up and take notice, become interested, and decide to take up their cause.

Yes, online poker is just the same as stock picking, and I for one am glad that FT is out there making it known to the investing public!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 AM

Here's a link to one of them.

YouTube