Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Online Dating? Any recommendations?

There are 6 major online dating sites. Does anybody have any good/bad experience with any of them? I've been trying to read up on reviews of these sites, but to no avail.

Many of the reviews come down to "price and special interests."

any suggesstions?

I'm talking about mainly the difference between yahoo, match, eharmony, and...one of the others.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Online Dating? Any recommendations?

i really liked match.com back when it was free
Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 AM

Match.com is good, but I took their test and was among the 10% who they "cannot offer their services too". I took it again. Same thing.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:36 AM

I know from using Match.com that it works.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:39 AM

effang -- I would say the most important thing is having a clear picture of yourself on the site, and being 100% honest. If you dont have clear pictures of yourself, you won't get nearly as many hits. Also, if you are truly doing this to find the theorhetical one, you should be completly the way you are because you want someone to message you already reading your profile (and liking it) with all truth in it. This may be obvious to you and im wasting my time, but advice is advice.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:42 AM

Don't do it.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Match.com is good, but I took their test and was among the 10% who they "cannot offer their services too". I took it again. Same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that even mean? They can't offer their services to?

And no, I'm not expecting anything, just a little bit bored, but obviously not interested in signing up for more than 1 or two of the service.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 AM

It means that I filled out their diagnostic exam, and the answers that I chose are not compatible with anyone. Either that or the way that I chose the answers, they are inconsistant with others (they ask the same question different ways, but sometimes I answer differently because of the particular phrase). Anyways it gave me this weird message about how there is a small percentage of the population match.com does not work for, and I am in this percentage. Go figure
Old 02-21-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It means that I filled out their diagnostic exam, and the answers that I chose are not compatible with anyone. Either that or the way that I chose the answers, they are inconsistant with others (they ask the same question different ways, but sometimes I answer differently because of the particular phrase). Anyways it gave me this weird message about how there is a small percentage of the population match.com does not work for, and I am in this percentage. Go figure

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Just try to answer similar questions the same and you'll be "accepted."

The test is designed to fail people that are not consistent with what they consider to be similar questions. Don't blame yourself though, the test is not particularly well worded.

Also, I think online dating services for guys is a waste of time. For girls it's great, but remember that for men you are looking at anywhere from a 5 to 1 to a 20 to 1 ratio of guys to girls. In my experience, you'll have much better success meeting women the old fashioned way. Of course women love these sites, because if they are at least half way attractive they'll have 100 guys in the first week trying to get in their pants.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha beat