Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Bellagio 15-30, JJ hand, A on the turn

The DaveR thought this hand was post-able as well. Same night I played 15-30 for the first time, different table, before my table change.

This was my third hand at the table after posting my blind hands. No real reads so far.

One limper in the CO and I raise JJ on the button. BB calls, CO calls.

Flop is 922 with two hearts. I don't have the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I bet, BB folds, CO comes along.

Turn is a non-heart A. CO checks. Check or bet?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 15-30, JJ hand, A on the turn

what kind of dude is this co? otherwise i would bet as a standard, against someone who i know a little better and he knows me a little better there is a lot of merit in checking the turn.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of dude is this co? otherwise i would bet as a standard, against someone who i know a little better and he knows me a little better there is a lot of merit in checking the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot that, being the third hand I had no exceptional read. CO was a middle-aged guy, not particularly notable in any way outside of the fact that he was in the 10 seat and I was in the 1, and he was making an effort to lean out to sort of stare me down. That, and the fact that he open-limped in the CO was my read.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:46 PM

i bet and fold a c/r...there are a lot of overcard/small pair/9x type hands that will peel the flop that we are still ahead of, but we don't really want to give free cards to heart draws or Kx/Qx...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:07 PM

easy bet. if he c/rs, you likely can fold. basically, the only hand that can call that flop is a heart draw or a 9. charge that draw.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy bet. if he c/rs, you likely can fold. basically, the only hand that can call that flop is a heart draw or a 9. charge that draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this are you putting him specifically on the A of hearts if he C/R's?

As I mentioned in the OP, I had only been at the table for a few hands, but had watched a bit before sitting down and most hands were raised PF. I thought his open-limp ruled out most aces. I also didn't like the thought of giving a free card either.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned in the OP, I had only been at the table for a few hands, but had watched a bit before sitting down and most hands were raised PF. I thought his open-limp ruled out most aces. I also didn't like the thought of giving a free card either.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think he will ever c/r an ace here. in my experience, if these guys have an ace, they think "I now have top pair. I have to get to SD". IMO if he c/r's he has air or a 2.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think he will ever c/r an ace here. in my experience, if these guys have an ace, they think "I now have top pair. I have to get to SD". IMO if he c/r's he has air or a 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

to further clarify Scott, he would likely either lead the turn if he held an A, or check/call. If he had position the suited A raise is a greater possibility, out of position its unlikely he will c/r.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2007, 10:29 PM

There should be no thought whatsoever as to whether you should bet. Betting here should be as automatic as wiping your ass after you take a dump. The question is whether or not you call a C/R and whether or not you valuetown a sub-J river.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:37 PM

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

I did end up betting, because I didn't want to give the free draw, and I just didn't think an A was that feasible minus a better read.

He did check-raise after I bet.