Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Turn issues.

Pretty good 11 handed 100-200 game with half kill. This private game started as 75-150 (9 handed) but format was changed to accommodate couple of donators and one of them is UTG in this hand. MP seems solid but I have’t played enough with him. This is a kill hand. My image is terrible as usual. UTG post kill, MP raises and I 3 bet A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]close to the button. blinds fold , UTG calls 2 , MP calls.
Flop k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Check, check bet and both call.
Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Check, check, bet , UTG check raises and MP calls 2 cold…What’s my plan?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Turn issues.

Er...I think I 3-bet here. UTG could be c/r with a king or 2 diamonds here and if MP2 knows this he could be cold calling 2 with a king or QJd. The Ad in your hand makes it a little less likely. I think MP would 3-bet with set. If you get capped it gets much tougher.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:52 PM

MP appears weak so I'd go ahead and 3ball
Old 02-20-2007, 08:08 PM

im not sure what to say about the hand. is UTG the sort of fish to overvalue a hand like KT here? if he is then obviously 3bet. if hes a loosepassivish fish then call down. pretty simple.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 PM

Honestly it does look pretty simple but MP cold call threw me off a lot. HU i would just call it down but with MP calling it i felt that just by calling i would be giving up too much value so i 3 bet...and both just called. River paired a 2 on the buttom and i needed it to beat UTG K5o...
Old 02-22-2007, 07:40 PM

I think the only reason we can be scared is a set, which i cant put him on that easily, so i have to 3 bet....i think we see AK (unlikely), KQ, or KJ here often enough to make us happy. Since your image sucks and we know you raised near the button, i dont think utg is giving you credit for a great hand and he thinks his CR is profitable...give em the ole 3 bet and watch him cringe.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:50 AM

I think I like 3bet, but I'm unsure of what to do on the river once I do. If a diamond hits I check behind. If the board doesn't pair I'd still be tempted to check behind. If the board pairs (non-K) I'd probably bet.