Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 02:56 PM

Default BLIND LEAK?? - HELP!!!!

I've been running negative as of late (~700 hands over the last month or so - small sample please bear with me), and expected it was due to some huge hits I've taken with big hands getting cracked with miracle catches. (i.e. the 70 BB hit I took when a 57s called my constant raises with KK and caught running 7's to hit three of a kind - but that's of no consequence here)
Looking to my PT stats, I had in fact taken some big hits with big hands lately, but I'd also caught some big wins that came close to break-even, though still slightly negative.
Then I filtered to show my results in 'either blind' and I'm (0.47)BB/Hand! 'Either blind' with 'no raise' (0.64)BB/hand and finally 'Big blind' with 'no raise' I'm (0.8)BB/Hand.

Two questions:
1)Is this typical?
2)Am I giving up too many blinds or have I just not been winning enough on other hands to make up for it?

This is really concerning me, any and all comments appreciated
Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: BLIND LEAK?? - HELP!!!!

Did you ever play a winning game before this sample?

Did you change your play after that?

If not, just play untill you get a 10k sample and then analyse, 700 hands could mean anything.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Two questions:
1)Is this typical?
2)Am I giving up too many blinds or have I just not been winning enough on other hands to make up for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Losing some small amount of money in the blinds is standard. You must not be losing more than what you are forced to post! That amount, for both blinds is (.75)BB/Hand. You are at (.5), so that's OK. It is quite possible however, to lose less money than this.

2. Are you giving up too many blinds? I don't know, but I very much doubt it. I suspect the opposite is true.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:33 PM

Unfortunately I had a problem with my PC and lost a ton of data - old hand histories included - these are the only ones I have to analyze. Just started using PT recently.

So 700 hands is still too susceptible to variance? OK - I'll try to play through it and see what happens
Old 02-20-2007, 05:53 PM

I'm not sure if you are playing 6max or full ring but with 700 hands you will have been in each blind about 100 times. During these 200 hands (100 for SB + 100 for BB) you are losing 75BB to blinds. Losing more then 75BB during this sample would be a leak, but it is impossible to annalyze with sample. You could be playing perfectally from the blinds (hypetheticaly, no one plays perfect) and still show huges loses due to a few AA getting cracked AI PF ect. varience