Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Did I overplay this AT and my trips?

BB is 64/23/0.59 (loose-passive). Turn looks like an easy 3-bet, when you put BB on another T with a worse kicker, but maybe I should have slowed down at the river after he capped the turn? Bet/calling (2 BB) or check/calling (1BB) the river would probably be the best line to play this, because I am losing to QQ (not likely because BB only called pf, although he is passive but more than 90% would re-raise), 22 (possible), QT (possible) and 44 (not likely after turn cap). Someone could have also defended the blind with T4/T2. I don't know what I was thinking automatically 3-betting the river, too aggressive?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (1.4SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.7BB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB raises, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB raises, betting is capped.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.2BB, 3 players)
BB bets, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB raises, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, betting is capped.

Results:
Final pot: 14.7BB
Old 02-20-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Did I overplay this AT and my trips?

I'd just call on the river. Opponent did show enough strenght on the turn.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
He knows you got at least trip tens by this point, and he knows AT is likely due to your preflop raise. I'd say he has to have a set turned boat.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:40 AM

Loose-passive fish announce their huge hands with the flop check-call, turn checkraise sequence that Villain used. But at the moment you're 3-betting the turn, that big hand of Villain's is most likely just trips.

After he caps the turn, I think you should probably just call the river. I realize he plays bad and probably doesn't read hands well either, but I'm guessing that postflop spewing with trip T's versus someone who obviously also at least has trips is not a huge play in his playbook.

By the way, though, I wouldn't be shocked or anything if Villain had AA.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He knows you got at least trip tens by this point, and he knows AT is likely due to your preflop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell me villains like this one can be bothered with hand reading.

The river cap is too much IMO. I don't really mind the first river raise, I think you'll see trips with a worse kicker often enough. I know I see seemingly loose-passive players go completely crazy with trips pretty often.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He knows you got at least trip tens by this point, and he knows AT is likely due to your preflop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell me villains like this one can be bothered with hand reading.

The river cap is too much IMO. I don't really mind the first river raise, I think you'll see trips with a worse kicker often enough. I know I see seemingly loose-passive players go completely crazy with trips pretty often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that is the question.

It's an interesting situation, where we either take the showdown or set ourselves to maybe lose 3 more bets.

I mean, once he 3-bets, if we cap, he can't 5-bet.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:29 AM

The cap on the river is for sure wrong unless villian has completly lost it. The question is can you raise this river. By his numbers is not a great player and will have some problems putting you on your hand. About his hand I think preflopp he will call with any hand in the deck, flop very many hands. So on the turn when he start raising he can have all the good stuff out there. The question is if he is enough aggressive to cap turn with a T. I think calling the river is right becouse you gain one and loss two and is aggfactor quite low.