Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Absolute Poker disconnects

Anyone else experiencing an abnormally high frequency of disconnects when playing AP lately, like in the last few days or so? (Assuming anyone else actually still plays there?) I am, and the problem is NOT on my end - other internet stuff is working just fine while the disconnects occur, and often I will get "disconnected" from only two tables of the four that I am playing. If this keeps up I will no longer play there.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker disconnects

I've been having that problem for the last couple of months. I used to never have that problem...
Old 02-19-2007, 06:49 PM

I was in play money tourneys and it disconnected 5 times in less than 1/2 hour. Play money tourneys suck BTW. Epassporte clears tomorrow and I can play starting Tuesday afternoon. I am shaking from withdrawl symptoms right now.

Since AP is disconnecting I am putting my limited (to 300 bucks) somewhere else. I uninstalled AP last night. Since I see that they changed the bonus points procedure I doubt that I will go back. Place used to be an aquarium but that is also gone. Too tough, crappy software, bad bonus policy equals no play from me. AP used to be the best site out there but oh how the times have changed.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:10 PM

I have had no problems but noticed an unusually high number of other players disconning last few weeks.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:19 PM

I get disconnected once or twice a week, but I never knew whether this was their problem or mine as I have satellite internet and it craps out pretty frequently.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:30 PM

This has been happening to me a couple times a day. Absolute freezes for a minute or two but everything else on my computer (including other poker sites) works perfectly fine. I was planning on moving most of my play next month to Doyle's Room if it didn't get better... sigh... nevermind that idea now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]