Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Aces up in blind battle.

Villain seems like an ok lag/tag. Do I have enough equity to 4 bet this turn? Probably views me as a LAG/fish because Ive been raising pf, betting flop and turn, and showing down the loser a lot.

2/4 5 handed.

Preflop
3 folds, Hero raises A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the sb, villain 3 bets, hero calls

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets, Hero calls. (Anyone c/r here?)

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, villain bets, Hero raises, Villain 3 bets.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Aces up in blind battle.

The turn is an easy cap. There are only 3 combos of 99, 1 of 66, maybe 3 of 44, 1 of AA, and 6 of A9. That's 14 combos. Versus 24 AK-AJ; then plenty more of worse aces and A4 (even if we discount these some). Plus the dynamic you describe makes it automatic. I probably just b/c the river however.

I think we are also doing very well equity-wise on the flop and a checkraise would be best. It partially depends on villain's tendencies but checkraising is the simplest approach. The problem with being out of position is a decent villain might check behind a lot of turns and even more rivers.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:16 PM

Once u check-raise the turn, and get 3bet u can a) call down and 2 more bets will most definitely go in ahead or behind or b) cap and 3 more bets will go in on the turn or river if ahead or 4 if behind IMO (mostly true). So I think for capping to be right we have to be ahead 2:1 to make it better than calling down (am i looking at that right or do i have to do the calculation looking at it from how many bets go in total on the turn and river, or just from the time we are 3 bet and have the decision to cap or calldown?)

we're currently ahead 30:14 but I think I'd discount the better hands enough (rather than expanding the range of worse hands to account for stupidity like we may find to be appropriate vs some villains) where I'd just call down. I dont think he 3bets AJ-AK 100% of the time (sometimes fearing reverse domination or a big hand by u), while he probably does with A4 A9 or a set. Ur image may reduce this some but even still if we discount the better hands by 2 combos thats where the decision between capping and calling becomes irrelevant or neutral EV; so if we think we should discount the worse hands even slightly more than that, calling makes us more $ in the long run.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 PM

This decision could be so much easier with a Flop raise(I prefer a raise here 80% of the time),but I would cap here and take his spoiled ass to value town.Your 2 pair are pretty much hidden and he has to think that you are overplaying Ax here.If he regards you as a fish he might take this line anytime with TPTK so i would try to get max value in here.This Ax image also comes from your call to the pf 3bet.