Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 09:54 AM

Default I can get one for sure, but can I stack two donkeys?

BB and button are both very loose, very bad. Button is a min-bettor and min-raiser whose running at 50/20ish. BB is 70/40 and calls bets and raises very light, though I doubt he calls a reraise from me without a stronger than normal hand. Thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($198.30)
Hero ($239.70)
BB ($321.30)
UTG ($297.60)
MP ($187.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($8) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls $5, UTG calls $5, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $5, BB calls $5, UTG calls $5.

Turn: ($48) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $32</font>, BB calls $32, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $64</font>, Hero ... ?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: I can get one for sure, but can I stack two donkeys?

push. If BB folds, to bad. But i think the pot is to big and to drawy here to get fancy.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:34 AM

push and free roll.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
push. If BB folds, to bad. But i think the pot is to big and to drawy here to get fancy.

[/ QUOTE ]

right action, wrong reason behind it. MP doesn't have a flush draw, BB could have anything. If someone is on that draw, its only a 5 outer. The reason we push is because MP will not fold after a double min raise.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After MP (I called him Button in OP -- oops) minraises the turn like i expected he would, there isn't really much reason to think he won't pay off a river push. Since I have 2 diamonds I'm not too concerned about what I'll see on the river. What about smooth-calling and pushing any river?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:39 AM

Push.

However,
I do not like the line post flop though.
I would reraise preflop if you are going to play the hand. You are OOP and against these maniacs you have to narrow down the field. I know you should (normaly) see a cheap flop with SC but your hand is pretty strong and OOP I would raise in order to use a scare card on flop (if it comes one).
Old 02-19-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would reraise preflop if you are going to play the hand. You are OOP and against these maniacs you have to narrow down the field. I know you should (normaly) see a cheap flop with SC but your hand is pretty strong and OOP I would raise in order to use a scare card on flop (if it comes one).

[/ QUOTE ]
This is completely off. Why would you like to get it HU (maybe 3-ways) OOP vs a LAG in a big pot with SC? What's your plan for the flop? You'll probably end up spewing or just check/folding unless you hit something, and SCs don't often hit anything with SD value, which you like against a LAG. Getting to the flop cheap and multiway is the best line here.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However,
I do not like the line post flop though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay ...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really really bad here. Maniacs almost by definition don't like to fold, so explain to me why I would build a big pot OOP with a hand that usually needs to hit the flop hard to win vs. two players who will call me light? I have pretty ridiculous implied odds to just call preflop, and there are no benefits at all to raising vs. these opponents.

As far as on the flop, I suppose could reraise if I want to and take the coinflip vs. whatever MP has (or be slightly the worse if he has a set) while possibly knocking out the other donkeys, or I could build a nice pot with minimal investment vs. 3 people, at least 2 of which will pay me off if I hit. I like the second option here.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about smooth-calling and pushing any river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just push the turn. MP won't fold and it seems BB has a draw of some sort and I think he's more likely to pay now than on the river. It's not as much that you're afraid of the river, but a fd will pay now but not when it misses the river (and most often the fd is bigger than yours, even though you have 2 clean sf diamonds). Same goes for combo draws, oesd etc.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:11 AM

step 1: SHOVEZO
step 1a: get called in 2 spots
step 2: ???
step 3: PROFIT

easy push