Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Cash Poker 2/19

Looks like a pretty good show this time. [spoiler] <font color="white"> First hand David Williams folds a TTT on an AJT board without even thinking about it. [opp has KQ] awesome! </font>
Old 02-19-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Cash Poker 2/19

I was amazed at how badly Venessa Russo played. How can she be a winning player? In the hand where she had 7-5o she made numerous mistakes and blew off over $20k.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 AM

She was amazingly bad.

Pretty awesome laydown by David Williams in the first hand.
Chad Brown made a sick call too, wow.
I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of Action Dan. The whole "rotation" thing was strange.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty awesome laydown by David Williams in the first hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He tanked quite a bit more than was showed, to the point where at first I thought I might be getting a call. Then he says "wow", asks me how much I'm playing, tanks again, and eventually shows Todd his cards so we know he's folding before he actually does.

Bob was the one I thought had a legitimate hand that he might stack off (AJ/AT). Bob is not afraid to move chips around.

Shoving the flop was probably sub-optimal and a mistake, but with two other guys in the pot there are a zillion turn/river cards I hate. (any diamond or board pairing)

The weirdest part after watching that hand is that I probably don't even see the flop if Brandon doesn't fold 77 UTG. If Brandon opens, I fold pre. If he limps, I probably limp (or fold?), and then David raises me out of the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Chad Brown made a sick call too, wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though my line was fishy, he made a very solid call, beating only a busted draw with a busted draw. Chad plays goot. I figure him for the naked Ac, so I hope he can't stand heat on the river if club doesn't peel. I insta-muck when his chips went in; he tables the hero call.

[ QUOTE ]
The whole "rotation" thing was strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were 12 of us that night, but a couple guys didn't want to play shorthanded. Instead we played full table of 9, with 3 guys sitting out every 90 minutes.

[ QUOTE ]
I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of Action Dan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fasten seatbelts... you will.

Adam
Old 02-20-2007, 12:23 PM

ps. J-man and Dustin, you guys coming to Vegas for tomorrow's game? If so, PM me if you want to get a drink tonight. You too, Brandon if you decide to ditch teaching and get on a plane. I should be there by 8pm.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:51 PM

Yeah, no way I can miss class.

I'll be at the next one for sure.

I didn't get to see the last episode. I'll check youtube. If anyone records these things, PM me and I'll send some cash for a dvd copy.

BA