Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Ladies run into resistance

UTG+1 -- 18/17/1.5 over 200, and raising light
MP1 -- 25/8.5/0.9 over 150 hands, likes connectors and one-gaps, especially suited, and plays draws quite aggressively while waiting for the turn with made hands
SB -- 18.5/11.5/2.4 over 200 hands and seems solid

Table had been playing tight with a PFR usually taking the blinds, but UTG+1 had shown down a couple of poor hands after failed steals and people were starting to play back with their poorer holdings:

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.5/$1
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (13.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, Hero...

...is completely lost! If I was closing the action I would call and re-evaluate on the river, as there's a good chance from his previous play that MP1 is on a draw. But with SB leading out and with another chance to act, I could be paying 4 to see the last card.

What to do? And comments on the flop play are very welcome -- was I over-aggressive there?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Ladies run into resistance

Fold on the flop.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:14 AM

Hero calls flop with outs for BDFD, two ladies left in the deck and a big pot. He then folds turn and wait for the next hand.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:25 AM

Nope, you're not folding that flop. One of those bets/raises before you is a FD.
If any of them has a set, they'd c/r the turn after that flop action. That they still keep at it makes me want to call here.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:30 AM

flop cap is fine. his aggression stats suggest he could be betting hard with TPTK or perhaps a flush draw you've got beat.

that said, you're in a 4-way pot with an over-pair. the turn was a bit of a blank for them (unless one is plays 67s) but it hasn't helped you either.

fold the turn. you only have 2 outs and against 4 otehr players with a couple of draws on teh board, it's not certain even if you did hit your Q whether it would help you. it's not worth 2 bets.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:44 AM

In a four way pot I do not want to count the clubs as a real possibility. Also I think calling is better than 4 betting because it gives you a better chance to figure out where the SB is at. If he caps then you obviously have to call and reevaluate on the turn. I put the SB on pocket tens since he called 3 out of the SB.

What would you do if the SB capped and the other player called and then the SB lead the turn and the other player just called? Are you going to call down and most likely donate the other 2 BB or are you going to fold?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:58 AM

When the flop is bet, raised and reraised infront of you (the PF 3-bettor) there's a pretty obvious chance that you're behind at least one of them. Capping here doesn't make sense. Calling with the few outs you have in this big pot on the other hand is a very reasonable thing to do.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:18 AM

I would had not capped the flop. Fold on turn. No odds to chase your queens. You are certainly behind to at least 2 pair.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I put the SB on pocket tens since he called 3 out of the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would he bet into the field with top set? It felt to me at the time that top set would let me make the running then start raising on a turn brick, or at least go for a flop C/R
Old 02-19-2007, 08:25 AM

If SB is solid then you can fold the turn, a solid player normally wouldn't lead the turn after it's capped by a PF 3bettor. I wouldn't be surprised if he had TT here.

Given the fact MP1 is in love with his hand this adds to us being able to muck this.