Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Throwing up bile

I've been vomiting bile for the last 12 hours or so.

I drank quite a bit last night but nothing too excessive and I woke up feeling fine, had a couple glasses of water and a cup of coffee, ended up feeling nauseous from that and threw up, then a half hour later I started throwing up bile and have been doing so every 45 minutes or so since about noon.

I figured this would pass eventually but I'm getting concerned now because the last time I noticed many particles of some substance in my vomit (looked sort of like oregano leaves) and I haven't had anything but water all day...so I assume it must be part of me, which seems disturbing.

I have a headache of course and it feels like I might have a fever but I have no way of knowing. No other symptoms.

I would imagine there must be something wrong with me other than the hangover at this point, doctor's offices are probably closed tomorrow at what point is this worth an emergency room trip? Keep in mind also that I have no insurance.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Throwing up bile

TME,

You obviously have several hours to stop vomiting and in which to gauge its seriousness. You didn't mention blood so I think you're fine to not be too worried?

Also, possibly you were really dehydrated and your stomach is rejecting all fluids? During my heaviest drinking days I (unfortunately) encountered this, it didn't make sense at the time but it seemed like my body's way of saying WTF?

BTW a quick fix could be to drink a carbonated drink like 7-Up or Sprite or Diet Coke...that may help a bit.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:56 AM

Ahh, puking bile, makes you wonder how many other cool colorful fluids are hidden away in your body. I had this happen to me once, felt awful all day until I smoked some pot in the evening and felt much much better. I felt fine the next day, so I guess if I were you I'd hold off any action until tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:57 AM

not even gonna read your thread. did this yesterday. no big deal.

super hungover, puked bile.

i've probably done it 15-20 times.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't mention blood so I think you're fine to not be too worried?

[/ QUOTE ]

No blood but I really don't know wtf to think about those flakes?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't mention blood so I think you're fine to not be too worried?

[/ QUOTE ]

No blood but I really don't know wtf to think about those flakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dried blood can look like coffee grounds. But don't freak out I have a friend that pukes like this often. Tough it out I say. Sucks but you are tougher than you think.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:53 AM

so cute how you were sad that you were puking up your insides though . . . "so I assume it must be part of me, which seems disturbing."
hehe
Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 AM

Feels great, doesn't it!?!

Got the red dots around your eyes yet? Those are real sexy. You know you've been heavin' your ass off when those show up. Great picture moment also. Pale and sweaty. Bulging bloodshot eyes and a lil' leftover drool on your lower lip fresh up from the toilet bowl. Great!

Done it a few times. One time I was doing that on vacation in San Clemente. Eventualy I was able to hold a small piece(nibble) of (ritz)cracker down. Was a major accomplishment.

Sip a can of coke. Key word is: Sip. It'll get your stomach working and help with nauseous gases.

You should be fine.

And yes, it can commonly last 12 hours.

b
Old 02-19-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW a quick fix could be to drink a carbonated drink like 7-Up or Sprite or Diet Coke

[/ QUOTE ]

Coke, yes. Citrus based drinks, no.

b
Old 02-19-2007, 04:17 AM

Well, you're probably NOT throwing up bile - true bilious vomit is clear and a minty green color, without any other miscellaneous smgema in it. It's also pretty rare - generally seen only in high grade proximal bowel obstructions after 24 hrs or so.

As some other experienced drinkers have noted, sip some clear liquids, and SLOWLY advance to some crackers in a couple of hours - if you're still struggling, an IV and a couple of liters of .9NS wide open is a miracle, if costly cure for this....not that I've ever had to do it...

MM MD