Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Small pp\'s in FR

Sorry for such a beginner question but I am rusty at FR after a long "frustrating" stint at SH. Question is how do you play small/medium pocket pairs utg and mp? limp? What do you do when CO raises and its folded to you? I can't imagine this being a profitable call as you will rarely get action on your set out of position and any type of check/raise or action on the turn basically reaks of a set. This is assuming villain has a full stack and is 18/10ish. Just wondering if I am spewing $ limping in with pp's or should i just fold 66 and lower and then raise with 77+...The games are so tight now that it seems extremely -ev to set camp.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Small pp\'s in FR

I usually open 88+ utg and fold every other PP. In MP I'm opening every PP, and usually limping behind.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:06 PM

If your table is so tight/aggressive that you can't limp/call small pps profitably from EP you should probably try to play somewhere else.

And imo these conditions do not apply at any of the major sites at stakes up to NL200 (maybe higher too, just haven't played much higher)

What sites/limits do you play?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually open 88+ utg and fold every other PP. In MP I'm opening every PP, and usually limping behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems very odd. What is the cap/active stack size in your game?

Also, this is definitely an oversimplification as the answer depends entirely on stack sizes.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for such a beginner question but I am rusty at FR after a long "frustrating" stint at SH. Question is how do you play small/medium pocket pairs utg and mp? limp? What do you do when CO raises and its folded to you? I can't imagine this being a profitable call as you will rarely get action on your set out of position and any type of check/raise or action on the turn basically reaks of a set. This is assuming villain has a full stack and is 18/10ish. Just wondering if I am spewing $ limping in with pp's or should i just fold 66 and lower and then raise with 77+...The games are so tight now that it seems extremely -ev to set camp.

[/ QUOTE ]

With stacks around the table of 100 big blinds or more you should, in general, limp with all small and medium pocket pairs when you're under the gun, unless maybe your expect a likely very large raise behind you.

If there's a big raise behind you, it's a judgement call as to whether you can save money by passing, but I wouldn't suggest ever folding to a 2 or 3 BB raise unless you're really unsure of yourself.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:53 AM

I am currently playing on the PP 200's... Its not like the good ole days where there were 50 tables running and I could easily find 12 tables with a table vpip of 25 or over. Now there is on avg 8-10 tables running with an avg table vpip between 16-22 depending on the time and day. I think my tight image obviously has a lot to do with the fact I rarely get action with a set oop as I play around 12/7.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:00 AM

I raise them all UTG at Party NL50 unless the table has too many floaty LAGs.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 AM

I suggest learning 6max, the party 6max games seem to be very very soft since the USshutdown
Old 02-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Softer than Party FR? Which stakes?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Softer than Party FR? Which stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe its just sample bias, but every Party hand I see posted in SSNL features a really bad player