Seat 5 - Seat 5 ($1500 in chips)
Seat 6 - Seat 6 ($1470 in chips)
Seat 7 - HERO ($1470 in chips)
Seat 8 - Seat 8 ($1510 in chips)
Seat 9 - Seat 9 ($1600 in chips)
Seat 6 - Posts small blind $10
Seat 9 - Posts big blind $20
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Seat1 - Folds
Seat 2 - Folds
Seat 3 - Folds
Seat 4 - Folds
Seat 5 - Raises $80 to $80
Seat 6 - Folds
HERO - Calls $80
Seat 8 - Folds
Seat 9 - Calls $60
*** FLOP *** [A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Seat 9 - Checks
Seat 5 - Bets $180
HERO - Calls $180
Seat 9 - Calls $180
*** TURN *** [A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

What now???? And what about p/f and on the flop. Seriously, sometimes it's really confusing when you get exactly what you want...

Hep me, Hep me! Thanks.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Make me stop doing this........

I think preflop is bad here. If you hit a K or Q you really don't want to be playing for stacks

On the flop I probably just call here, I can't see anything we are beating wanting to go much furhter in the hand (maybe AJ/AT), but we arent even huge favorites over that.

On the turn, Im folding to a bet.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:39 PM

Yeah don't call raises with KQ readless, as played you gotta fold the turn for sure.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:42 PM

You could just fold preflop. That way you won't be playing an easily dominated hand.

His is a tough hand to play readless. Because you need to know what type of opponent you are up against. Is he raising a lot of Ax hand here from MP, will he stack off with it?

Right now, I don't love two pair on this board. You could easily be up against a higher two pair or a set. If you are not, it is going to be hard to get much action off worse hands from a reasonable opponent.

For that reason, I actually like the flat call on the flop. Of course, seeing a J or a T really sucks, but that's not that many outs you have to dodge. Especially when you're not liking your hand that much anyway.

As played, you should probably be folding to any action on this turn. AK,AQ,AJ,AT, KT, AA, QQ, KK, JJ, TT all all ahead of you. So, you have to hope he has A9- here a lot. He would actually even have to have Kx a lot here to make going any further with this hand profitable.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:42 PM

Hmmm, think I'll have to go with fold preflop on this one. You have position on the raiser, but with a hand that could be dominated by the raiser.
But I almost never play raised pots on the first couple of levels, unless I'm doing the raising.

Once you do call, definitely raise the flop. A Jack, Ten or Ace is devastating, and any other card can give one of the other players two better pairs by pairing their kicker card.
Had the flop been like KQ7 or something I like your line. But that A is bad news.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and on the turn, you'll better run for the exit in face of any action.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:53 PM

Just dump it PF.

You cannot possibly raise this flop. If you get it all in, you're behind. Keep the pot managable.

Turn, easy c/f.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the thoughts. So far, y'all have said pretty much the same thing, so I'll respond to Devin's post for now.

[ QUOTE ]
You could just fold preflop. That way you won't be playing an easily dominated hand.

Exactly what I'm trying to get away from doing..

His is a tough hand to play readless. Because you need to know what type of opponent you are up against. Is he raising a lot of Ax hand here from MP, will he stack off with it?

I have good reads/notes on both players. MP will raise early with any Ace/King or any pair 66+, other dude sees every flop early.

Right now, I don't love two pair on this board. You could easily be up against a higher two pair or a set. If you are not, it is going to be hard to get much action off worse hands from a reasonable opponent.

I'm pretty sure (read: insecure in my hand) that I have the best hand here.

For that reason, I actually like the flat call on the flop. Of course, seeing a J or a T really sucks, but that's not that many outs you have to dodge. Especially when you're not liking your hand that much anyway.

As played, you should probably be folding to any action on this turn. AK,AQ,AJ,AT, KT, AA, QQ, KK, JJ, TT all all ahead of you. So, you have to hope he has A9- here a lot. He would actually even have to have Kx a lot here to make going any further with this hand profitable.

Thinking I have the best hand, your range is exactly what scares me b/c they are the only reasonable hands that could have played this way thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given all that, how do we play the turn if it's not a K or Q and it's checked to HERO?

Slacka
Old 02-18-2007, 09:00 PM

You call too much PF. Stop trying to make STT poker exciting, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 02-18-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, sometimes it's really confusing when you get exactly what you want...

[/ QUOTE ]

That was not what you wanted. Please reference our AJ conversation from last week.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just dump it PF.

You cannot possibly raise this flop. If you get it all in, you're behind. Keep the pot managable.

Turn, easy c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he should try to get all in on this flop, because if he succeeds he's behind!

But just calling the flop gets him to a turn, where the pot is big (no longer manageable IMO), yet he doesn't know where he's at.