Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Drunken friend

Last night was my first experience with all of this. The night started out all good with a bunch of friends having drinks and generally just a fun night out on the town. Then on the way home one of my friends was really drunk and threw up like three times. At the end of the night he had his car too and wanted to drive home. I didn't let him because obv he was intoxicated. He wouldn't give me the keys so I took them away from him and put them in my pocket. I was resolved to not let him drive tonight no matter what the case was. After talking for a bit he just blew up and went wild. He was yelling and acting a fool. Then things took a turn for the worse. He started getting very violent and was punching me and pushing me and grabbing at me to get his keys. Like I said I was resolved not to let him drive so I didn't give him the keys. After about 30 minutes, with the help of some other friends, we got him to sleep over at a friends house and promised us that he would drive home in the morning. We all left to our respective houses and the next day found out that he didn't sleep over but drove home a few minutes later after we had all left. He made it home safely. My question is how would you rate the way I handled the situation? What would you have done? Would you have done anything differently? If you have had similar experiences please do share.

Cliff notes: friend got really drunk. I took car keys away from him so he couldn't drive home. He blew up and yelled and beat me up. I did not fight back. I stood there all the while calmly trying to talk to him while he yelled and wailed on me. I would never hit a friend. I didn't give car keys back. The night ended with him making a promise that he would sleep over a friends house and drive home in the morning. After we all left he didn't keep his promise and drove home. He made it home safely.

Rate how I handled the situation. What would you have done? Please share if you've been in this type of situation before.