Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 05:59 PM

Default TT in the BB. Facing overcard and turn checkraise.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

This table was loose, Villain was a calling station (50/6,25/0,55 over 32 hands)who would go on with just about any made hand even against a tight preflop raiser.
I'd like comments on the turn and river plays. Is the turn call good, and what about the river check? The turn checkraise scared me, and I instinctively pressed check once he checked the river. Should I have bet it?

Any comments appreciated.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Re: TT in the BB. Facing overcard and turn checkraise.

I think your rationale is sound and you played this fine.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain was a calling station (50/6,25/0,55 over 32 hands)who would go on with just about any made hand even against a tight preflop raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very specific comment for 32 hands. Have you seen him call down with bottom pair already? If so, what does it mean for the turn check-raise?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like comments on the turn and river plays. Is the turn call good, and what about the river check? The turn checkraise scared me, and I instinctively pressed check once he checked the river. Should I have bet it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a "calling station", I fold to the turn check-raise. If I call the turn check-raise, it's with the intent of getting to the showdown and getting there cheaply.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a very specific comment for 32 hands. Have you seen him call down with bottom pair already? If so, what does it mean for the turn check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
I hardly got any hands worth playing at the time. I was watching the others showdown a few very poor hands, and Villain was the president of the club. He seemed unable to lay down a hand once he decided to play.
About the checkraise: I got spooked when he did that, but I had seen him overestimate his hands a few times, so I decided to call it. In retrospect it was probably a bad decision as I would be behind just about every hand he would checkraise with very few outs (most likely 2). The only hands he could hold with more outs for me would probably be 2-pairs with undercards to my 10's.

Thanks for the input, Aaron. Its good to be forced into rethinking ones actions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]