Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 02:57 AM

Default QJs out of BB multi-way pot, hits trips on flop

edited b/c I messed up analysis.. he didnt c/r obv

Villain is 30/12/7. He likes to limp in alot of pots. Really aggressive postflop but it might be cause of a good run of cards in my sample size from this session for him. Im not folding preflop here obv. His flop bet seemed weakish to me.

He may have a boat here or trips with a better kicker. However, My first inclination was that he may be trying to push me out and play with shorty. Maybe a overplayed AA/KK and I definitely see him doing this with AKs. I almost folded here.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $127.65
CO: $66.85
BTN: $22.95
SB: $49.75
Hero (BB): $119.65
UTG: $208.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J Q ($1.5, 6 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.50</font>, CO calls $3.50, BTN folds, SB calls $3, Hero calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($14, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $6</font>, CO calls $6, SB calls $6, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27</font>, <font color="red">MP raises all in to $124.15</font>, CO folds, SB calls all in for $40.75, Hero calls all in for $90.15
Uncalled bet of $7 returned to MP

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($301.05, 3 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [4] ($301.05, 3 players)
No action
Old 02-18-2007, 03:59 AM

Default Re: QJs out of BB multi-way pot, hits trips on flop

Once you cr here in a pot with so many people he is going to put you on trips most of the time. Since your kicker is not that good that means you're going to be on the loosing end of most of the big pots. To avoid this I would just lead the flop.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:18 AM

looks more like AsKs/AsQs than a better J.
why would MP bet flop so small with a J with 2 players left to act?
and he has 22 like never. he would just call your ch/r hoping to get CO and SB to come along with their flush draws or whatever other random crap they have.

you only lose to AJ/KJ and beat 9J/TJ, and all the Ax flush draws. pretty east call for me
Old 02-18-2007, 04:25 AM

If shorty didnt call I would probably lean more to a fold. Maybe.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If shorty didnt call I would probably lean more to a fold. Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is what u get playing qj oop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. this is really tough and i cant decided what id do here. I dont think either is too bad
Old 02-18-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ooks more like AsKs/AsQs than a better J.
you only lose to AJ/KJ and beat 9J/TJ, and all the Ax flush draws. pretty east call for me

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I understand/agree with this at all.

[ QUOTE ]
why would MP bet flop so small with a J with 2 players left to act?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he hit the flop hard and wants callers.

[ QUOTE ]
and he has 22 like never. he would just call your ch/r hoping to get CO and SB to come along with their flush draws or whatever other random crap they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like when he makes a bet that gets called by two players, and C/Red by Hero, the last thing he wants with a big J is to let the draws keep drawing for cheap. At that point there's $53 in the pot, and he'd probably just assume take it down immediately, or at least make the draws pay a lot to get there on him. Granted, he'd probably feel similarly w/ JT or J9, but he'd have to be a least a little worried that Hero'd have him outkicked after Hero C/Red him. If he had a draw (especially a nut flush draw), he'd want to just call Hero's C/R, hoping the other players would come along too and give him value.

Let me know if I'm wrong about all of this.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:26 PM

Try to get the money in on later streets, getting it in on the flop means ur almost 100% beat.